xbox mod

i didnt see anything saying asking about xbox mod is forbiden

if so dont answer

for all who have a modded xbox, where did you go to compare which mod was the best (if you did at all)

also which mod is generaly considered the best and for what reason (even clones)

ive seen a comparison chart of xbox mods- and all of them look good- but are diferently priced and was wondering if the cheaper ones are realy as good as the more expensive ones like xios compared to enigma - as an example

Fundamentally, the mods are pretty much all the same in that they all work by giving you a hacked BIOS. IMO, the best mod right now for general use would be the latest Evolution X on a socketed Flash ROM with a disable switch. The best mod for development work would probably be a Filtror. Not that I have any actual experience with these; I'm just going by what they're designed for and comments I've heard.

the EVO X ? looking at it i felt that it was more risky to have that one (dont they change the original xbox bios to get this chip accepted)

I still don't have one, but I will buy the X-Ecuter!

Just one wire to sold!

Have all functions that the others have!

Works with the Large HDD Path (like Evo-X)

the EVO X ? looking at it i felt that it was more risky to have that one (dont they change the original xbox bios to get this chip accepted)

I'm not sure what you mean. All of the current mods work by overriding the onboard BIOS in some way...

Just one wire to sold!

This is a little misleading. You do have to solder only one wire, but you still have to solder just as many connections as any other LPC mod. Also, you'll have lots of fun getting that board out of your system if you ever want/need to replace it...

i took a look in another forum an this guy was concerned that because the bios on the xbox needed to be flashed to except the EVO X mod he was worred that M$ would find out if they wanted to via online gameing and prevent the game from working

thats what confused me -- and ive seen a bunch of descriptions like that for that mod --(mabey reading them i mistook it for soemthing else )

i took a look in another forum an this guy was concerned that because the bios on the xbox needed to be flashed to except the EVO X mod he was worred that M$ would find out if they wanted to via online gameing and prevent the game from working

All of the mods work by replacing the BIOS in one way or another. Most of these just work by having a hacked BIOS on a second ROM that you add to the system. The hacked BIOS can be flashed to the onboard ROM instead, but most people don't do that (since it can't be done without either a TSOP test clip or the same amount of soldering effort that would be required to install a mod - AFAIK the sole advantage to this approach is that you don't have to leave any additional hardware in your system for it to continue working).

edit: okay, I think I might know where the confusion's coming from (and I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner). Evolution X is actually two different things. There's an Evolution X BIOS image and an Evolution X Dashboard program. The EvoX Dashboard won't run unless the system is modded, and won't have all features accessible unless the mod BIOS is EvoX-compatible. So the messages you're seeing are probably referring to installing the EvoX BIOS in order to use the EvoX dashboard.

There is also a method of installing 2 bioses with a switch to enable/disable either one. This way, you choose which to boot with, thus allowing you to still play any games on-line or otherwise. Arakon could probably comment more on this and correct me if I am wrong.

you don't NEED to flash the onboard bios with evo x. you CAN. that's for people who have an enigmah or xtender installed and want to upgrade to evo x without buying a new chip.

the best chip, if you have the skills, is an eprom with evo x. much cheaper and offers the most functionality.

if you can't solder, the xectuter is prolly your thing, but it's NOT 1 wire to solder.. there's 9 additional spots. however, lcp mods (which the xectuter is) seem to occassionaly crash the system, requiring a reboot.

Does any of these bioses have a real dvd region killer feature wich doesn't depend of the remote you have (at least from what I read, I haven't got a remote to try
tongue.gif
)? The evo-x runs homebrew software?

And don't replace the onboard bios since some game may have a mod detection software someday (like the first psx mods).

no such bios, no. however, a free tool called dvd-x 2 came out yesterday which will play all regions WITHOUT remote.

evo-x runs everything.

this is my last question on this subject

when i search the net for info about the xbox mod chips i keep finding that the enigma x is the best one and i cant find anyuthing on the evo x -- i think that site i found before has been shutdown

i found that the enigma x guys have been shut down - so is all this news about the enigma x being the best just to get rid of thier stock?

is the enigma x realy the best one? or is it the evo x?

what im looking for in the chip is for the ability to upgrade the HD have macrovision disabled and the region code disabled -- i find nothing about upgrading the HD with the enigma x

one last thing -- to upgrade the evo x in the future does the original bios need to be flashed?

enigmah is way outdated by now.

evo x is only a bios, NOT a modchip. it can be used ON modchips, i.e. the homebrewn mod or the openxbox mod.

enigmah can't do bigger HDs. you don't need to flash onboard to use evox, you can just update the homebrewn/openxbox with new versions.

enigmah never got shut down, btw.. it's their usual way to change names and sell a new mod for more money under different names.

Back