Xenosaga Problems

Nadius

Established Member
I was at the swapmeet today, and at a booth where they had a bunch of items that werre refurbished or returned, and I took the risk of buying xenosaga for 5 bucks. When i popped it into my ps2, I expected nothing at all, but to my luck, it worked.

But not for long.

After the 3rd cut scene (the first with kos-mos) it froze, and the laser unit began to click in the ps2, trying to read the disc i suppose. I cleaned the disc, and tried it again, but this time there was a constant whirl after the 3rd cutscene, but no advancement, still a black screen.

So i looked online and found that Xenosaga, a dual layer dvd, would have problems with older PS2s. But that wasn't the case for me, as it's a 50001, and was purchased around christmas time 2003.

Let me summarize: Xenosaga hangs after 3rd cutscene (the first with kos-mos), laser unit sounds like it's doing some heavy seeking, no error message, just a black screen.

I'd appreciate any answers or suggestions for my problem. Thanks.

Try one of those things where you put the cd in it and crank the handle and it spins. Like cd doctors or whatever they are.

Back