XRGB-2 Plus and RGB Cable

slinga

Established Member
XRGB 2 Plus and RGB Cable

Are these compatible? I don't know anything about a\v so bear with me. My friend is offering to sell me his XRGB-2 Plus (he bought his for DC for some reason) but I don't want to hook it up with composite cables. I thought this would work, but for some reason it's not...

Nope, that won't work because it's a European SCART RGB connector. You need a japanese RGB connector, one that looks the same but has a different pin placement. I'm not sure where you can get them besides eBay these days, as the main distributor, ncsx.com no longer sells them. There must be some place, I just can't think of it right now.

Hello,

I found the following info here http://www.lik-sang.com/faq.php?browse=1&p...egories_id=219& regarding xrgb-2 scart conversion.

Hope this helps.

"Q: Can i use an european SCART cable in this item? (2003-11-02)

Not directly, as this will damage the input port. You can build an adapter though. You need a 21-pin cable with a socket on one end, which should have the European pinout, and a plug on the other, which should have the Japanese pinout. The pins connected should be as follows: Signal EU (socket) JP (plug) Red 15 15 Red Ground 13 13 Green 11 19 Green Ground 9 17 Blue 7 20 Blue Ground 5 18 Sync 20 9 Sync Ground 17 7 Left Audio 6 5 Left Ground 4 3 Right Audio 2 1 Right Ground 4 3 +5v 16 16 Ground 21 21 Any pins not mentioned are not used - it does not matter if they are connected or not as long as they do not interfere with the above connections. The European SCART lead then plugs into the socket on the adaptor lead, and the adaptor lead's plug is attached to the X-RGB2+. Once again, do *not* plug a European SCART lead directly into the unit as you *will* damage it. (2004-03-17)"

Back