Yahhoo!!!!

CrazyGoon

Established Member
yay_.JPG

WOOOHOO! B) B) :medieval:

Yeah, I need another good GBA game now :) Unfortunately, there are no 'best gba game' lists here, so, perhaps someone should start one? :)

Yep, that's Advance Wars 2 which has been passed once on normal difficulty, which unlocks the hard campain, which I then had the urge to pass. :medieval:

racketboy said:
VertigoXX said:
Google!!!
???

I have Advance Wars 2, but I haven't seen the hard campaign yet
Pass the game, then you'll see it ;) Actually, I think you have to go to the 'Battle Maps' option at the main menu, and use some points to buy the hard campain mode.

I'm back playing the original Advance Wars now. I like it more than #2, but It needs a hard campain mode. Can't wait until Advance Wars 3 :) :)

slacker52 said:
CrazyGoon said:
Unfortunately, there are no 'best gba game' lists here, so, perhaps someone should start one? :)
nobody is that psycho to go through that many games only to realize that more than half suck
You could say the same about NES, but will still have our favorites :rambo:

every system has it's sucky games.
the GBA has more than enough good ones.

btw, so the first game is still worth picking up after playing the second one to death? I've only played #2 -- and love it!

The first was real good. Also, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced is very good. For straight up RPG's, I have also heard good things about Fire Emblem, Boktai, and both Golden Sun games.

racketboy said:
btw, so the first game is still worth picking up after playing the second one to death? I've only played #2 -- and love it!
Oh my god - - - Get the first one now!! It's definately worth picking up :) Here's how they rank to me:

AW#1 introduces the world, countries and CO's really well, using a good storyline. The CO's talk to eachother quite a bit (inbetween the levels) which slowly unreveals the story. So that is one plus --> the world, CO's and story are well done. Also, I'll add that Max is a lot better (He's a real powerhouse in this one.)

AW#1 has a few less levels than AW#2 except the levels are more fun, in the terms that it's less of the 'destroy cannons/ pipe to win', which I find less fun than, capture properties/ destroy all enemies/ capture hq. Also, I'll add that the games campain mode gets straight into some tough battles from the beggining. Unlike AW#2 which has a few easy levels to get you started, AW#1 expects you to play the 'field training' first to learn the basics.

AW#1 seems more vibrant because instead of fighting the same old 'black army' you get to fight all the other coloured armies aswell :)

AW#2 has harder missions than AW#1, but I have found a easy way to pass most of these 'destroy cannons' levels. Even when the odds are stacked against me (like in the last few levels). But let me just say that no level from AW#2 is as hard as the last mission of AW#1.

AW#2 has hard campain mode, and AW#1 doesn't. But that doesn't mean the game hasn't got much replay value. No no, in fact since passing AW#2 on hard campain, I went back to AW#1 and am back at the last level again. (which is hard ;) ..had him retreating back into his base on day 7 but the bugger had a bloody special (meteorite)). Yes, AW#1 has good replay value because you take different routes in this one, depending on which CO you select. And at least half of these different routes have different levels in to play. So don't stop after passing this game once, cause you have another set of levels to pass which each of the other orange star CO's. :medieval:

That's about it, then. Good stuff.

woo.jpg

Mmmm. Advance Wars B)

Good news! I just found out there is a hard campain for Advance Wars 1! Woo!

Here we go again..

*plays Advance Wars*

sweet -- well it might be a while before I finish AW2, but I'll be sure to pick up the 1st later :) By then, maybe 3 will be out :D

score.JPG

Whew... it took me some time, but I finally beat AW#1 on the advanced campaign! :p No, I wasn't playing it non-stop since my last post in this thread ;) I just took it slow... level by level. Until it was beaten! Harrr B)

A little note: I played every mission as Andy. Now I'll play the missions with Max, then Sami. This way, I'll have played every level with every character :p

Oh, and I also have all of the Battle Maps to beat ;)

I love this game :D

Wow, some of those battle maps were harder than the last level of AW1! Nevertheless, they are all beaten finally. Actually I beat them a while back, and haven't really played AW that much lately. I don't think it's necessary to post pics of each map victory, but you can be assured that they were beaten, one-by-one, fair and square :D

I any one wants to know a score for any of the battle maps, for comparisons sake, feel free to ask me.

....alright, just one pic :lol:

lastMission.JPG

EDIT: Damn you anglefire!! damn you!! Copy the images' addresses into a download manager ppl.

Back