Yu Suzuki Game Works

Just wondering if anyone has tried to disassemble the Yu Suzuki Game Works. I believe it runs off an emulator kind, of like that sega genesis collection that was taken apart and modified to run almost every genesis rom did. I first thought of this when i was playing the Suzuki collection and noticed that the disc stops spinning after each game is loaded. I noticed that this is also true when playing homebrew emulators for the dc. so if anyone knows anything about this please tell me, if not, then i guess its something to think about. There could be an almost perfect system 16 emu for the dc, but it would be damn hard to include the whole arcade rom set, but you never know.

Thanks

None of the YSGW games are System 16:

After Burner II: After Burner hardware

Power Drift: Galaxy Force hardware

Out Run: Out Run hardware

Space Harrier: Space Harrier hardware

Hang-On: Space Harrier hardware

i wish sega had done a regualr edition north american release of that. playing space harrier on my d.c. is one of those kind of dreams i wake up crying from

none of those games are roms or infact system 16 roms

take a good look at the games

they have been rewritten and tweaked up

for arguments sake have a look at out run

notice anything different about the car

its not the original one thats for sure

its more like the turbo outrun car

the others have been tweaked also

im not gonna run through what though as i carnt be arsed

but run mame or system 16 on your pc

with your dc running and check the differances

ull see them

hmmm, maybe I´m blind then, but I didn´t see any tweaking and - compared to the roms run on an emulator - the sound effects and music are the same. There ARE other music files on the disc, but I have yet to hear all of them being used somewhere, maybe there are hidden menus?

Look at the Saturn versions of the games, they run much more smoothly and have a better all-round appearance, much to my surprise. I´d take it for granted that the Sat-versions have been re-programmed and are not emulated, but I don´t think so of the DC versions.

Originally posted by sizone@July 07 2002, 12:28 am

i wish sega had done a regualr edition north american release of that. playing space harrier on my d.c. is one of those kind of dreams i wake up crying from

You can play Space Harrier on your DC. In Shenmue, that is :
wink.gif
: .

yeah, but not with anywhere near the convience of putting a gdrom in my dc, navigating a menu or 2 and playing it, also what do i do when the character runs out of yen? it's not gta 3, i can't just find a hooker to mug

Back