Zelda Collectors Edition CD

schi0249

Mid Boss
I was thinking about getting a 1 year subscription as I only have Ocarina of Time. What is the quality. I was very pleased with the job they did with the Ocarina/Master Quest disk. At first I was going to register my system and 2 games, only to find that it only covers like 4 games that I don't own.

I'm going to go for that deal within the week. Too good to pass up. I'll tell you when I get it.

I was going to buy a GC when it dropped to $99 USD, but then I heard about the zelda pack in so I put it off... now I'm probably picking it up cheap with games n stuff on boxing day. Hopefully I'll have enough Xmas cash left over.

The way I see it, the Zelda collection for free pretty much covers the cost of the console itself. I'm not a major Zelda fan or anything either, its just so damn cheap with so many hours of gameplay.
---Ammut

I got my GC "used" at GameStop/Funco for $70.
I bought Wind Waker and the OoT/Master Quest pre-order disk separately (didn't preorder Zelda). I'm probably going to snag this disk some time in the near future.

The only thing I'm pissed about (really shouldn't complain with what we're lucky to get in the US, but..) is that Zelda: Link to the Past is not in this compo. It should be, but it's not (sort of like how Phantasy Star IV didn't make it to the PS Collection for GBA). *sigh*

I ended up ordering the subscription. I figured a $20 subscription is better than buying it for $40 from ebay. Plus I trust Nintendo more than some random ebay user. I will post once I get it and try it out.

It's pretty stellar, the NES games are perfect from what I've seen, with the only exception is how easy it is to accidentally end the game. Sometimes while the magic/item subscreens are displayed I accidentally hit X, and those endgame menus appear (the ones that appeared when you hit select or down and a or something on player 2) and you can't continue your game, these endgames count as a death on your death count. Through 6 palaces, I accidentally ended the game 3 times in The Adventure of Link.
Ocarina of Time is pretty much perfect, but the control seems to sensitive from my playing with my worn out N64 analog stick, but that's subjective i suppose. I haven't really gotten into Majoras Mask, but there is a warning that tells you that the game isn't perfect, and that slowdown will occur, that being normal. I hear that the game suffers from some of the worst slowdown ever seen on a GC.
The retrospective is nice, makes you want to play some of the titles you haven't played (gb oracle games, for me), but it isn't really spectacular.
And then there's the Windwaker demo. Played a little bit, not really interested.

Btw, you can choose these games at the start through a a horizontally scrolling menu.
For my favorite zelda, adventure of link, and the main draw for me, it's stellar.

I haven't notice any major slow down, yet, on Majora's mask. The game and book do indicate some audio errors, which I have noticed. The rest has been amazingly perfect ports. My only wish, was that they would have included the GBA titles.

Here in Sweden , if you become a member of the swedish nintendo club for about 17 $ a year, you get the disc for free!

They aren't having the Zelda Promo anymore. When I went and bought my 'Cube on the 26th. I didn't see any Zelda Packages on the shelf. I even checked the GameStop, EB, and Best Buy websites on the 25th, and they didn't have it listed. Period. No "Back Order", no nothing. However, if you go to the Nintendo website, you'll see a banner promoting it. So maybe they are still doing it, only direct from Nintendo.

I saw them at a number of stores in Minnesota yesterday. But I did see how no one advertises them online anymore.

Back