ZIP ZAPS! FROM RADIOSHACK!

these rock! these are just like the bit charge rc cars. but they are half the price. they are 20.00 bucks. plus you can buy an upgrade kit that lets you modify your shocks, motor, gear ratio. its just awsome. these things are fast as hell. and they run for 5 minutes and take about 45-60 seconds to charge up. here is the link to check them out.

RSzipzaps

Then why did I just read on tomshardware.com about these cars and that Radio Shack released them this week?

Im sorry, I mean mini-RC cars in general (not the specific US Version radioshack has). They have been selling those toys in T.O. for a long time.

i read a preview on ign for the bit charge ones and they said it lasts 2 minutes. these from radioshack last 5 minutes. and these have licenses from toyota, ford, honda, chrystler, porche and nissan. and the fast and the furious. the upgrade kit has a nos motor. its awsome i got mine today. im going to buy some more bodykits. have fun!!! i know they have been out for a while, i think thats a good i dea they are doing that. they are selling out fast though. i had to go to 3 stores before i found the upgrade kits.

I had one of those record breakers too Arakon. Alot of fun. I bought a track for them at a garage sale when I was a kid for $5 and a car that had the dual engine design. Damn was that thing fast.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Sep. 26 2002, 7:05 pm

that was masterakumamatata. I know, the avatar switch threw me off too =)

Shhh!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

BTW, this avatar fits me perfectly, wouldn't you agree? <--
laugh.gif

Cecilia Chen, you are always knocking on peoples posts! whats up with that? you always have to put you 2 cents in and how you know about everthing! it gets old. I said in my first post that they are like the bit char-g cars. how are the japan ones better, when these are made from the same place?

you think these are american made? these are made from china exclusively for radioshack. but anyways I have nothing against you cecilia, I respect your posts and I find them informative. I was trying to let people know that may not have 40.00 bucks, or a way to import them to get them from radioshack. radioshack is worldwide! i dont like radioshacks RC cars, but these are cool. the hondas are soldout now.

Cool! I saw one of these thing advertised in a catalog and wanted it. I can't really see spending $20 for one though. And the one I saw wasn't a mini of a real car, it was just some generic one. These are so much cooler
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by antime+Sep. 25 2002, 11:52 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antime @ Sep. 25 2002, 11:52 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-norberto@Sep. 27 2002, 6:40 am

radioshack is worldwide!

You're confusing "the world" and "the US".[/b][/quote]

Ya, what he said.

And another thing, even though almost everything is made from China or Japan doesn't mean the products or the quality is the same. You can find things made in Japan, but localized for north amarican markets. That means they mod the product to remove "asian" elements, as well as censoring things or cultural points which might confuse US Consumers.

EG. Asia markets gets realistic looking "light" guns in the likeness of shotguns, uzis, and other firearms... US gets fake orange phasers or green snake like things that make "POPZoop" sounds when you fire them at the screen.

Asia gets model "Mini GT-R (Racing) Kits"... the US gets "ZIP ZAPS!" or whatever the hell they though sounds better. Its almost like they think the US Population is full of morons, so they better find equaly dumb names for things.

Even if you talk about something similar like profesional radio controled cars, can you really say that US Parts and upgrades even compare to Japanese/HK parts? Actualy the same could be said about a lot of things. US cartoons VS Japanese/HK/Chinese cartoons, US Video games VS Asian games, US Consumer Electronics VS Asian Electronics, US cell phones VS Asian Cell phones.

Hey wait! Is the cars Radio Shack sells fully working? I mean, does all the parts really work, or does it just have hidden wheels underneeth or something? I know the JAP kits come dissasembled, and things like the wheels ect really do turn and drive the car. Its virtualy a mini of the real RC!

allright i diddnt mean to piss anybody off here. im not saying japan and china are the same quality whatever. im sure they are all made in china or korea. if the import bit charge are made in japan well then thats that! but the zipzaps are made in china. any way i think radioshack bought the zipzaps form another company. becayse there is a website for them. but i think radioshack owns the name now. on ign.com in the gear review section they review the bit charge ones. after looking at the pics, they look identical. even the charge contacts on the bottom of the cars. so who knows. but they are modeled form hondas, fords, toyotas, porsche, a bunch of import designs, and the fast and the furious kit that licenced by the movie. they come dissassembled. you have to put it together yourself. it comes with a screwdriver. you can change the motor, rims, tires, the swaybars for suspension, the gears, and the bodies. they are pretty fast. if you get the NOS motor and gears, it goes 432 feet per minute. here is a pic of the fast and the furious kit.
60-7503.jpg

Hehe... It's interesting how people start talking about those little RC cars, and all the stuff that's being said...

As for the complaint to Cecilia for knocking everybody's post... kinda agree, but I didn't want to be the one starting an argument with her which I didn't have to now
smile.gif

Last but not least... hmm, a lot of people seem to think of "the US" as "the world", so technically that isn't confusion, is it? ;-)

(Not to be taken seriously
tongue.gif
I'm German and I quite much consider myself a citizen of the world...that means America, Europe, Australia, Africa, etc.
tongue.gif
)

yeah i meant worldwide like accross the us. i should have said nationwide. but any way, check out this link. its for all of the radioshack stores in the usa. its crazy. RShack locations i actually never buy stuff from radioshack, but this is something stores like bestbuy, circuit city, etc... dont have(yet). its not that big of a deal but there are fun. i brought two to work last night, and me and my co-workers had racing tournaments. im in second place(dammit). that nos kit motor is real fast! you can only race two at a time though. some people are already selling them on ebay and they are trying to get 40.00+. i hate ebay sellers sometimes!

Never blame the sellers....always blame the buyers. There's always someone dumb enough to PAY what the sellers are trying to get.
smile.gif

Ah, Radio Shack... I'll be back.... and leave with RC cars...in my sack...

Dammit, I KNEW someone would get me for that double meaning. But did it have to be you, MasterAkuma?
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Trenton net+Sep. 26 2002, 10:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trenton net @ Sep. 26 2002, 10:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by antime@Sep. 25 2002, 11:52 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-norberto
@Sep. 27 2002, 6:40 am

radioshack is worldwide!

You're confusing "the world" and "the US".

Ya, what he said.

And another thing, even though almost everything is made from China or Japan doesn't mean the products or the quality is the same. You can find things made in Japan, but localized for north amarican markets. That means they mod the product to remove "asian" elements, as well as censoring things or cultural points which might confuse US Consumers.

EG. Asia markets gets realistic looking "light" guns in the likeness of shotguns, uzis, and other firearms... US gets fake orange phasers or green snake like things that make "POPZoop" sounds when you fire them at the screen.

Asia gets model "Mini GT-R (Racing) Kits"... the US gets "ZIP ZAPS!" or whatever the hell they though sounds better. Its almost like they think the US Population is full of morons, so they better find equaly dumb names for things.

Even if you talk about something similar like profesional radio controled cars, can you really say that US Parts and upgrades even compare to Japanese/HK parts? Actualy the same could be said about a lot of things. US cartoons VS Japanese/HK/Chinese cartoons, US Video games VS Asian games, US Consumer Electronics VS Asian Electronics, US cell phones VS Asian Cell phones.[/b][/quote]

Haha

Better RC Cars, video games and light guns?

We bow to your superiority!

All kidding aside, I don't think norberto's complaint was that of jealousy, but one of irritation. Considering the frequency of her condescending posts of how much better the Asian counterparts to popular American electronics (or whatever) are. As if

A: We didn't already know;

B: We care;

C: We wanted to know.

It seems as though the main purpose of those posts is to generate some sort of hero-worship because you have access to said devices that we'll never have the chance to purchase. It gets old, and quite frankly, Who cares? We get what we get here, and we make do just fine with it. Do we really need to have a built in satellite dish on our RC Cars to have fun with them? No, so why would we care if the HK model comes with it? Or that the Japanese model is cable-ready? We don't. Well, most of us don't.

It's not like these posts are informative in any way. They're pure childish elitist, "My toys are better than the ones you can get," posts.

Can you believe I made an argument out of this? I better reexamine my life.

Back