Resident Evil vs Silent Hill

Originally posted by it290@Jul 24, 2004 @ 05:00 PM

I concur that RE2 is the best game in the series. I also like Code Veronica, but RE3 was a total letdown for me. I haven't played Zero yet.

I personally think Zero is the worst in the series since the 3rd game. I've always seen CV as the true RE3

I will agree that RE 3 was a big let down. However, I thought 0 was just as good as CV. I've played through both A and B both ways in RE 2. I didn't find it scary at all. No more scary than a Friday the 13 or Nightmare on Elm St movie.

CV IS the TRUE RE3!

I refuse to call RE3 "RE3", because it's ACTUAL name, is just Resident Evil: Nemesis. Capcom slapped the "3" on there about a week or so before release!

Besides, it's technically, 2.5. As it takes place before and after RE2.

As for the worst? RE0. Simply due to the fact I can't even play REmake, due to it scaring the hell out of me (The spiders! The sharks! Plants! Hunters! Chimera! The snake! Crimson Heads! AHHHH!), and from what I've seen of RE0....

MOMMY! That giant scorpion is going to get me!

Yeah, I'm a wuss, I'll admit it... :lol:

I like Nemesis. When I first heard about RE2, and how it was all in the city, I was like "SWEET! It's all in the city!" But then it ended up being mostly in the police station...

Nemsis was what RE2 should've been! Well... with the city setting anyway.

Nemesis wasn't THAT bad. Carlos was the man, and I liked how you could make your own ammo and all.

CV was GREAT! Until the second disc... As soon as you got to Antarctica with Chris, it all went downhill....

RE4 will be the best game of the series. It's about damn time Leon got his own game! :thumbs-up:

Leon > ALL!

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 24, 2004 @ 03:27 PM

Simply due to the fact I can't even play REmake

Say "REmake" again and I will kill you.

The only BioHazard that I truly enjoyed was the first one, on GameCube.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 24, 2004 @ 03:27 PM

....Simply due to the fact I can't even play REmake, due to it scaring the hell out of me (The spiders! The sharks! Plants! Hunters! Chimera! The snake! Crimson Heads! AHHHH!), and from what I've seen of RE0....

Are you serious? *SLAP* Go play the game!

Originally posted by mal+Jul 23, 2004 @ 02:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Jul 23, 2004 @ 02:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW@Jul 23, 2004 @ 03:30 PM

If you do not vote for Silent Hill, it is because you never played it.

That covers my vote for RE. :lol:[/b][/quote]

I've played some of the RE/BH games, but never really finished any of them. I've never played any of the Silent Hill games. I guess I'll just not vote. :p

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jul 24, 2004 @ 03:53 PM

Say "REmake" again and I will kill you.

The only BioHazard that I truly enjoyed was the first one, on GameCube.

Yeah Yeah..

I'm trying to call it Bio Hazard!

I'm just so used to calling it "REmake", and "Resident Evil Remake".

Please forgive me... :unsure: :(

Are you serious? *SLAP* Go play the game!

I own the game! And I'm at the sharks with Jill, and I just started a new game with Chris. I'll probably get to the sharks, then stop again... :unsure: :ph34r:

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jul 24, 2004 @ 04:43 PM

The explosive shells bug!

I use that every time! It makes the game too easy though. Same with the infinite ammo cheat in RE2, but I have no control over myself, so I use both each time I play those games.

Originally posted by schi0249@Jul 24, 2004 @ 06:28 PM

I've played through both A and B both ways in RE 2. I didn't find it scary at all. No more scary than a Friday the 13 or Nightmare on Elm St movie.

RE2 in not so much scary, more shocking with lots of short sharp shocks. It has a lot of moments that made me jump. Thats all that really gets me in horror films or games. I'm certainly not scared of things like Cloud, I usually just look at big monsters and think, 'Meh, so this is the lastest creature they've sent at me'.

I don't even have the Grenade Launcher yet. So how am I supposed to do that? wink.gif laugh.gif

Why don't you have the GL? You should have it by now if you're up to the sharks. Even if you don't, who cares? You don't even need to fight those things.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jul 24, 2004 @ 05:30 PM

I use that every time! It makes the game too easy though. Same with the infinite ammo cheat in RE2, but I have no control over myself, so I use both each time I play those games.

What's the unlimited ammo cheat in RE2? Are you talking in the DC version?

Originally posted by it290@Jul 24, 2004 @ 11:18 PM

Why don't you have the GL? You should have it by now if you're up to the sharks. Even if you don't, who cares? You don't even need to fight those things.

I felt all the bosses were too easy in the remake. Very easy to fight and dont take much ammo to kill. Plant 42 was especially useless.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 24, 2004 @ 06:21 PM

What's the unlimited ammo cheat in RE2? Are you talking in the DC version?

Yeah the Dreamcast version.

I thought the remake of Biohazard on Gamecube (the only version of the original I've played) was the only scary one, because you are so poorly equipped, and you have to run away a lot more than the other games.

At the moment I'm playing the original Silent Hill. I can't believe I stopped playing it last time, it has me glued to the TV. Well maybe not, since I took a break to talk about it.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jul 24, 2004 @ 11:32 PM

I thought the remake of Biohazard on Gamecube (the only version of the original I've played) was the only scary one, because you are so poorly equipped, and you have to run away a lot more than the other games.

Yeah both versions of the original are the best for the whole "I need ammo/health quick or I'm going to die" scaryness feeling. The first disc of Code Veronica does this quite well also.

I actually thought 3 was the most difficult, on hard mode anyway. REmake (hah!) comes close with those crimson heads, but if you played through RE3 and actually fought Nemesis each time, you run out of ammo pretty quickly. I just didn't like the game much because I felt having Nemesis burst in all the time ruined the tension of the game. Mr. X in RE2 was creepy, but he wasn't around so often that you just KNEW he was going to pop out in every scene.

I will say, though, that you can tell RE4 is going to be a good one, because it features the 'shotgun blowing up head' animation.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 24, 2004 @ 07:35 PM

I actually thought 3 was the most difficult, on hard mode anyway. REmake (hah!) comes close with those crimson heads, but if you played through RE3 and actually fought Nemesis each time, you run out of ammo pretty quickly. I just didn't like the game much because I felt having Nemesis burst in all the time ruined the tension of the game. Mr. X in RE2 was creepy, but he wasn't around so often that you just KNEW he was going to pop out in every scene.

I will say, though, that you can tell RE4 is going to be a good one, because it features the 'shotgun blowing up head' animation.

That and, it stars Leon! :cool: :smokin: :thumbs-up:

Back