Resident Evil vs Silent Hill

what does everyone see in RE any way... what do you get out of RE you dont in Silent Hill, I can name stuff i get out of SH that i dont get from RE. Easy.

oh and i think some smart ass degenerate might say something really stupid... i hope no regulars do. so i give me answer now, look on the 3do

I just finished the original Silent Hill. Once I play the rest of the series I probably will like it more than RE, if they're all as good as the first one.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jul 25, 2004 @ 02:27 AM

I just finished the original Silent Hill. Once I play the rest of the series I probably will like it more than RE, if they're all as good as the first one.

They are all good, but personally I believe that Silent Hill 2 is the best.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jul 25, 2004 @ 02:55 AM

They are all good, but personally I believe that Silent Hill 2 is the best.

Excellent, SH2 is next for me. And the game is cheap now. :thumbs-up:

Originally posted by it290@Jul 25, 2004 @ 12:35 AM

if you played through RE3 and actually fought Nemesis each time, you run out of ammo pretty quickly.

Not really as mosts times you shoot him down, he drops ammo anyway. If you keep shooting him he eventually drops infinite ammo for the weapon of your choice.

I didnt like nemisis as him apperances didnt really shock me, it was pretty obvious when he was going to turn up. RE3 didnt contain many jumpy moments that I loved so much in RE1 and 2.

That and, it stars Leon!

Leon = worst playable RE character with the exception of Steve, Carlos, and Billy.

been for a while... i picked it up for the xbox for like 8 bucks a long time ago... i wish they released SH3 on xbox... i own that, not the PS2, my step mum got me the xbox so i could go get myself TJ+E along with Orta... ohhhh, i loved those games.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Jul 25, 2004 @ 07:19 AM

what does everyone see in RE any way... what do you get out of RE you dont in Silent Hill, I can name stuff i get out of SH that i dont get from RE. Easy.

As I said before I only played a demo of SH1, I hated the controls and the fog irritated more then scared me. If I persisted with the game maybe I would have grown to like it.

The intro music to SH is awesome though as is "Theme of Laura" from the 2nd game.

Originally posted by axelblazeadam@Jul 25, 2004 @ 04:54 AM

As I said before I only played a demo of SH1, I hated the controls and the fog irritated more then scared me. If I persisted with the game maybe I would have grown to like it.

The intro music to SH is awesome though as is "Theme of Laura" from the 2nd game.

That's sounds just like me. You should really give it another go. I picked it up a year ago, played for a few minutes and quit. I started it again today, and played through the whole thing.

I thought the fog was to hide the short draw-distance. :lol:

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jul 25, 2004 @ 09:58 AM

I thought the fog was to hide the short draw-distance. :lol:

Ditto, it partly was though wasnt it.

It didnt help that I got the demo with Metal Gear Solid. I was far too hooked on MGS, to play the demo for any length of time

yeah but at the same time it adds so much to the game in atmosphere... the not knowing where you are exactly in reference to baddies... at first kind of annoying, but soon enough you learn the radio and can gauge enemies just on sound... ooooh the tingles id get when id here the crackle of my radio and the pitter patter of evil dogs running my direction. Amazing how creepy it makes you feel, and how you move fast just waiting to get to the next house or gas station that might be safe.

Leon = worst playable RE character with the exception of Steve, Carlos, and Billy.

Hmm, I like Leon for some reason, maybe it's that lame Edward Furlong-type haircut. I will admit his personality is pretty flat, but I like his RE2 character model. Plus the fact that he was a total idiot as far as Ada was concerned is pretty cool.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 25, 2004 @ 02:19 PM

Hmm, I like Leon for some reason, maybe it's that lame Edward Furlong-type haircut. I will admit his personality is pretty flat, but I like his RE2 character model. Plus the fact that he was a total idiot as far as Ada was concerned is pretty cool.

Yeah, RE2 Leon is cool. Gotta dig those hand actions he does during the FMVs :p

If I could, I'd change my vote to Silent Hill. I played Silent Hill 2 today, and that was even better than the first. I really only liked the first two Resident Evils. RE0 was decent too.

mountain... come to the dark side... join the evil mob of silent hill cronies... he will rape, pillage, and watch family guy reruns, oooh, here eat some toastitos will provolone, ohhhhh, provolone is EVIL.

ummm, you know im blacking out to much god damn it.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 25, 2004 @ 02:19 PM

I like Leon, simply because he's Leon!

He's the single coolest RE character! His personality, his look, everything!

In a fight, Leon would DESTROY Chris!

Winner gets Wesker!

So therefore,

Leon vs Wesker!

Winner = Leon!

:lol: :thumbs-up:

Winner=Wesker. No matter what people try, they can't destroy him. I am willing to bet he shows up in RE IV. They have indicated an appearance by someone else.....

I don't think Leon would be able to beat Chris. After all, Leon is (was) merely a rookie cop, whereas Chris is a highly trained STARS member.

edit - about the above post, I hope he shows up. I still want to find out who it is that he's working for.

Originally posted by it290@Aug 9, 2004 @ 05:09 PM

I don't think Leon would be able to beat Chris. After all, Leon is (was) merely a rookie cop, whereas Chris is a highly trained STARS member.

edit - about the above post, I hope he shows up. I still want to find out who it is that he's working for.

RE4 Leon vs RE: CV Chris

Badass (Chris) vs Bigger Badass (Leon)

My money's on Leon!

:lol: :thumbs-up:

I'd like to see Leon vs Wesker....

I have this gut feeling that Wesker will be in RE4. Maybe we will see Leon vs Wesker...

They keep dropping hints about RE 4. When the said the people are not human and not zombies, their something else. Makes me think Weskers employer could be behind the whole game. And I read somewhere they said RE 4 isn't the star of a new story, but a continuation of the existing one.

From what I've seen the enemies in RE4 are still Zombies, just the mind controlled type, instead of the rotting flesh eating type.

Back