Sega's "explosive" E3 announcement

Hmmm Super Monaco GP for cell phones, that's pretty rad. I need to get that game for my Genesis, I used to play the hell out of it back in the day (actually, I think my cart was bad; I got all the way up to the last team and it would always crash from that point).

Some sources are saying the big announcement was in fact the Matrix thing... if so, that's pretty damn lame.

Originally posted by it290@May 12, 2004 @ 07:04 PM

Some sources are saying the big announcement was in fact the Matrix thing... if so, that's pretty damn lame.

I couldn't agree more. I was hoping Sega had more class then to stoop to the level of hyping some piece of garbage for a little bit of attention. Guess I was wrong. But they were right, I never would have guessed something so damn lame. Explosive? Only to Sega's chances of ever being a leader of innovation again. Once a company starts pulling crap like this, it's no better than the rest. Sega, unless you have something else up your sleeve like a console or Shenmue III, you can become solely a pachinko machine maker for all I care.

Sega was one of the last hopes we had for original and creative games. With companies like LucasArts becoming a mainstream, one-trick-pony, EA relying pretty much on it's sports games, and countless others going the way of the dodo, there's not much hope. For shame Sega, for shame.

they just don't want to admit that was it.

but wasn't the announcement supposed to be THIS MORNING?

the Matrix thing was a couple days ago.

Hmm...according to this article about the Phantasy Star game:

The publisher made no mention of Phantasy Star Universe at its "surprise" press announcement this morning, where the only thing shown was a multiplayer demo of the Matrix Online. It didn't divulge much more information about the early-in-development game at its booth, either, other than show a trailer for Universe. No info on platforms or release date were made available.

Pfft...looks pretty lame.

20040505015003-0.jpg

Damn, I thought it would be something a little more exciting. <_< I think that game does have potential though.

Man... I'm going to keep hoping they have some ace up their sleave.

Oh, well. The announcement was bound to disappoint the moment speculation grew so widespread.

At least a new Phantasy Star game is being made. This year's E3 is going pretty well so far. :)

Originally posted by Reinhart@May 13, 2004 @ 10:05 AM

Can we say : another mistake from Sega ?

Rather "another mistake on the part of hysterical fanboys".

Plus, had news of the Matrix game not leaked early, it *would* have been viewed as a big, big, big announcement.

Uh, by whom exactly? I don't think anyone cares that much about a publishing deal for a (mediocre-looking) game that has already been in development for four years, with the possible exception of hardcore Matrix fans.. and they mostly disappeared after the last two movies. Granted, the amount of hype that this generated was beyond Sega's control, but still, they should have known better. Now they look like the boy who cried wolf.

Sega's "explosive" E3 announcement is the most unexploxive announcement I've ever heard!!! Who cares about Matrix anymore!!! It's an ancient thingy already!!!

not really -- just after the last two movies didn't live up to the hype, it kinda lost it's luster. Probably more so that Star Wars.

Back