20 & 21 pin mod chips

20 & 21 pin mod chips

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, I stumbled across it whilst looking for information regarding installing Saturn mod chips. I have recently received several chips from Hong Kong that do not look like the chips that are in the common guides, ones apparently a 20 pin (on the left) & the others for 21 pin Saturns.

The pics can be seen at http://w2010.mysite.freeserve.com/

Can anyone shed some light on the instalation of these chips, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Mark

20 & 21 pin mod chips

Hey there. Hopefully mal will look at this thread as he could probably give u the best information on this. However, if that is a 20pin mod, and you are thinking about selling it, please do let me know, as I would be interested in it for my Saturn. Thank you!

20 & 21 pin mod chips

One of them is definately 20 pin because it says 20 pin on the board but I haven't got a clue how to install it!

I have a couple of modded Saturns from the same source & I was hoping they'd show me how to install the chips but unfortunately they have different mods.

If I decide to sell the 20 pin, I'll give Protosstic first refusal because he was first in line!

20 & 21 pin mod chips

The one on the left is an either-or chip, for 20 or 21 pin. You just have to move the connectors from one side to the other.

I have one of those, I've had it for a while. I'm just not slick enough with a soldering iron to get those pins moved.

20 & 21 pin mod chips

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Apr 10, 2004 @ 08:10 AM

The one on the left is an either-or chip, for 20 or 21 pin. You just have to move the connectors from one side to the other.

I have one of those, I've had it for a while. I'm just not slick enough with a soldering iron to get those pins moved.

Would you be interested in selling then? :)

Back