50/60hz mod problems

I may have posted a question similar to this a couple of years ago but there may be more knowledgable people around now:

:damn:

Pretty much describes my feelings about now. I modded my Pal model 1 Mega Drive to with two switches, one for the region and one for output frequency. The problem is that when I switch to 60hz, the picture has no colour. The tv can support 60hz as I run my gamecube at this setting (please let me know if I'm talking unrelated crap). I also tried it on my friends tv which supports ntsc and got the same result. Is there any way I can fix this or am I doing something wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:huh

Just realised I hadn't mentioned that I'm using an rgb =>RCA port to get this picture in case some people want to flame me about being a newbie or something.

You might want to invest in an RGB SCART cable. The converter chip inside a PAL Megadrive can't produce a proper NTSC signal and I'm guessing your little converter can't either.

:blush: Yeah I realised that this morning when I tried it again. I am in Australia and its pretty hard to find anything that remotely resembles technology even in cities. I've tried ebay buy to no avail. Can anyone suggest anywhere I can get one of these cables? I don't really want to have to order something from lik-sang :argue especially if its just one thing. Any help would be appreciated (I take it you also mean a converter box, not just the right cable)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah one other thing, Aussie TVs dont normally have SCART(stupid backwater hicks), they use RCA :looney or s-video

Hey I didn't mean to offend, it was only an observation. Aussies seem to be stuck in some sort of 80s time warp... its weird. Anyhoo, Thanks for the tip-will try tonight. :thumbs-up:

Just tried and it worked fine... for some reason the video is slightly out of sync but I can probably blame the software manufacturer for that.... Thanks again.

:cheers

Back