50Hz/60Hz switch on model 1 PAL Saturn: how?

I've been searching the internet for a decent guide on making a 50/60Hz switch for a Saturn model 1, but all I can find are model 2 guides or dead links.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thnx in advance

I have one of those early model 1 Saturns (with the separate power board). After some searching I found the location marked JP1 (on the bottom side, near the cartridge connector if I remember correctly) and bridged it with a bit of solder from a way too inaccurate soldering gun with a 3mm head :p

After a few weeks it became a little flimsy, the system would sometimes revert to 50hz so I desoldered and resoldered the bridge and it worked fine afterwards.

However, later I tried to add a switch (with a better soldering iron now!) but it wouldnt work well, so I tried removing it but afterwards the image output is a little odd, areas with a large difference in brightness leave a bit of a shadow. Good thing I had a spare Saturn motherboard :)

Bottom line: close JP1 for 60hz and open (ie disconnect) it for 50hz.

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Jun 10, 2004 @ 09:25 AM

I have one of those early model 1 Saturns (with the separate power board). After some searching I found the location marked JP1 (on the bottom side, near the cartridge connector if I remember correctly) and bridged it with a bit of solder from a way too inaccurate soldering gun with a 3mm head :p

After a few weeks it became a little flimsy, the system would sometimes revert to 50hz so I desoldered and resoldered the bridge and it worked fine afterwards.

However, later I tried to add a switch (with a better soldering iron now!) but it wouldnt work well, so I tried removing it but afterwards the image output is a little odd, areas with a large difference in brightness leave a bit of a shadow. Good thing I had a spare Saturn motherboard :)

Bottom line: close JP1 for 60hz and open (ie disconnect) it for 50hz.

Yup, that's what I got from the link mal gave me.

thanks both of you :)

Back