+96% of SEGA games for DS and Wii

vbt

Staff member
Sega will publish 49 titles for these two consoles due to their success. I'm principaly interested in the Wii as I'm waiting for more games to buy one. I expect to see more arcade games port like Ghost Squad.

I see no reason to wait on the Wii, it's not very expensive to begin with. Not to mention me, my wife, and kid played just Wii sports on ours for months and were plenty happy with it -- and still play that game a lot. You really don't just play through them and drop them (IMHO).

It is still hard to find in certain areas. In Vancouver BC and the lowermainland (surrounding towns and districts) I havent found a single Wii for sale. They are still sold out everywhere, even at futureshop, bestbuy and ebgames (and online). Ebay is still one of the few places unless you wait for new shippments. One of my friends who worked at bestbuy said that the wii's are flying off the shelves still sold out on the day they recieve new stock while the PS3's take a few weeks to sell. Now those are easy to find.

Kind of ironic considering how they used to be rivals, but I can see SEGA going for the Nintendo consoles. Like the old SEGA consoles, the Wii and DS have that 'charm' that makes you feel attached to it, while the 360 and PS3 are more sterile and 'machine-like' (not to say they're bad.)

This could lead me to getting a Wii too, especially if they bring Saturn or Dreamcast titles to the Virtual Console eventually. Nintendo is getting all the creative, quirky titles that put the copy-cat WWII shooter knockoffs to shame.

Back