a missing part?

i recently bought a saturn yahoo with just the system, i finally got it a couple days ago, and in the back right corner(if your facing the controller ports) there's a panel missing, im not sure if a card is supposed to be there or something. i can see the battery. wny help would be cool.

yeah, that's just a plastic panel. the hole you see contains the battery, the master reset button, and the slot for the VCD cart.

I've heard about this reset button next to the battery before. I've opened and disassembled my Saturn twice before and I haven't seen anything even remotely resembling a button or switch in the vicinity. Where is this fabled thing?

it's the "master reset" which resets the clock and internal saveram. I *think* it was removed in model 2, but is there in the model 1's I've seen so far.

Quote: from Arakon on 7:28 pm on Feb. 15, 2002

it's the "master reset" which resets the clock and internal saveram. I *think* it was removed in model 2, but is there in the model 1's I've seen so far.

woah, woah, woah

Arakon, you're not sure about something? Does this mean that you don't know? Even though I don't believe in ####, it must be frozen over

heh.. it's not like I know everything.

but if it makes you feel better: I just checked and now know for sure my saturn model 2 does NOT have that button :p

Heh, that explains it.... My Saturn is a model 2 as well.... and no reset button. Not that I miss it - removing and reinserting the battery does the same thing, after all.

Back