About VGR.......

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
hmmmm, been awhile without any news. What's up with VGR? Do we get anymore previews or anything? I can't wait till it gets up.......tell me stuff now or i'll kill you! I swear to god!........not rlly but if I cas psycho and obsessed with it I guess I would *shrug*

Originally posted by BJammzz@Nov. 12 2002, 8:57 pm

hmmmm, been awhile without any news. What's up with VGR? Do we get anymore previews or anything? I can't wait till it gets up.......tell me stuff now or i'll kill you! I swear to god!........not rlly but if I cas psycho and obsessed with it I guess I would *shrug*

Ok Ok calm down. It's still being worked on. Has alot of new features in there since the last time you saw it. Anything in particular you want to know?

Hey, I have a question(s). Does the R in VGR have to stand for "Rebirth"? Can it stand for "Renaissance" instead? or what about "RevQuixo"?
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I wanna know all the changes that have been made, plus a couple of pix of what has happened would be nice. Thanks,

Ok more screenshots comming up. Just a small update but we are much closer to a public release of the site. Just need to finish some more stuff and secure a host. Once that is done you can all have a go at the real thing.

For now you just have to make due with the screenshots I will provide in just a bit in this thread.

Ok time for a huge update. This one consists of 10 new screenshots for you all. Here we go.

FIRST IMAGE

Game page

Ok this first image will look familiar to many of you if you read my previous post in here. The main things to notice here is that we now have two new systems: Neo Geo Home and PC-FX. Second the game options have now been moved to the My Listing section at the bottom. And lastly you can see that we will include game titles in their original language (kanji in case of this Japanese game).

SECOND IMAGE

Game with missing info

Ok this next image is also of a game but this time there is some info missing for it (you can see the ? where the info is missing). The main thing to notice is the new expanded My Listing section at the bottom. You only get this extra info if the game is in on of your lists. You can edit the game profile (which only affects your copy of the game) to make this info customized for yourself.

THIRD/FOURTH IMAGE

Single info submission

Submissions

Ok the first of these images shows you how you can submit new information to us about a specific game. You pick the type of information to submit, the actual info and a description about the info you are submitting. We review the info and if we think it's correct it gets added to the main database. The second image shows you a preliminary submission page (the form hasn't been made yet). You will be able to do three types of submissions: completely new game, modification to an existing game or individual missing info (which was the previous image).

FIFTH to EIGHTH IMAGE

Advanced Search Step 1

Advanced Search Step 2

Advanced Search Step 3

Advanced Search Step 4

These next 4 images show you the 4 steps in the advanced search (step 4 is for members only and will only show up if you are logged in). The first step lets you select which of the sites systems you wish to search through. You can select multiple systems if you want. The second step lets you search for keywords as well as select a specific number of players and a release year to search for. Step three lets you narrow down the search even more by selecting more options. And finally step 4 lets you refine the search even more by including or excluding game in your lists.

NINTH IMAGE

My Games Page

The My Games page is where you can see some stats about all the games in your lists. You can access your lists and see the most recent additions and modifications.

TENTH IMAGE

My Profile Page

And lastly this is the My Profile page. Here you will have your the option of changing your email, password and the rest of your profile.

Well that's it for now people. Hope you've enjoyed these new screenshots of the site. Keep in mind this is still a work in progress so something can and will change from the final site. If you got any question about the site post them here and I'll do my best to answer them. And no I will not give you the URL of the test site so don't even ask.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Nov. 13 2002, 11:14 pm

Ok time for a huge update. This one consists of 10 new screenshots for you all. Here we go.

I applaud you for being the first to save your screenshots as GIF instead of JPEG. Not only are GIF's clearer, but also they are also smaller in file size compared to some JPEG screenshots of VGR I've seen in the past.
tongue.gif

Back