Action Replay 4M Plus, where's the extra RAM?

I got an Action Replay 4M Plus on my saturn, it's supposed to have 1M and 4M expansion RAM, but when I try to play the Dungeons and Dragons games I get a message (in japanese) about something related to "4M", and of course I can't get through that message, am I doing something wrong or this action replay does not have the ram expansion?

I get a similar message when playing cotton2, but I can perfectly play that game.

Anyone knows where's the problem?

Try inserting the cart all the way into the cart slot and then pulling it back up just a few millimeters.

Doing that seems to fix a few cart related problems.
smile.gif

Sorry for not doing some search in the forum first, I already did that mal and it's not working.

I found through the forum a lot of people with the same problem as me, action replay and all the other functions working except from the ram expansion, it seems as it is a "fake" feature of this product.

I bought this just 2 weeks ago at gamegizmo, what should I do?

In the worst case I could buy a original sega 4M RAM expansion cart, but I have some questions fist:

-Does anyone been able to use the RAM feature in the Action Replay 4M Plus? (in that case I will keep trying things).

-If I buy a Sega 4M RAM will I be able to play games that require 1M? And will that cart work for sure?

Hey, no worries.

I've got an AR4M+ cart and it works fine in all respects, except that it needs to be a millimetre or two out of the slot to work.

mal, if you don't put the AR back up a couple of millimetres the AR does not work or just the RAM? cause my action replay works perfectly except from the RAM thing.

Something new, Cotton 2 says "Ext-RAM found!" but I still can't play Shadow over Mystara.

Some older versions of the 4-in-1 had compatibility problems with the Capcom games, you might want to try this modification, but make sure it's nothing else before you start cutting up your cart.

i have problems too with an action replay plus 4in1 , but i don' t know if problems come from it .

i m using the swap trick method :

-shienryu and batsugun are the two games which boots good

(but fmv stop playing after 2sec i need return to game menu)

-kof 97 is booting , but i can't pass the characters loading screen (just before to play)

-shadow over mystaria, guardian heroes simply don' t boot , no message

i tried to pulling the AR for some millimeters but it don't works either.

Originally posted by hal9k@Jan. 05 2003, 12:39 am

mal, if you don't put the AR back up a couple of millimetres the AR does not work or just the RAM? cause my action replay works perfectly except from the RAM thing.

I'll check it out later today.

I have an action replay 4mb+ ; but it stopped to have the 4mb feature one day.

This cart is crap for me, I'm looking for a sega 4m cart.

Sorry hal9k, it will have to wait a day.

I haven't had a chance to get to my Saturn today.
sad.gif

No problem mal.

More news, Fighters History Dynamite is working ok, maybe I should try doing the mod posted above, but I want to test some more RAM games.

I had this same problem with my action replay cart which I got in September. I thought it was working fine until I started getting some games that required the 4meg expansion. It worked fine with Metal Slug, which only requires 1 meg, but not with Street Fighter Zero 3 or Final Fight Revenge. I suspected that it needed the modification which antime posted, but I didn't want to mess with that. In the end, I just went with the far more expensive solution: I bought Vampire Savior bundled with an official 4 meg ram cart.

I just received my EMS 4-in-1 today
smile.gif

(ordered from gamegizmo)

It didn't worked with Street Fighter Zero 3, Marvel Super Heroes vs Streetfighter.... (worked with X-Men VS StreetFighter)

I've done that modification and it's working perfectly now!

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Jan. 09 2003, 10:36 pm

I've done that modification and it's working perfectly now!

That's a bit strange, since EMS claimed they had fixed the incompatibility. Maybe Gamegizmo has lots of old stock? My 4-in-1 which I ordered about a year ago from Lik-Sang didn't need the mod.

The AR4M+ that I got from NCSX over a year and a half ago didn't need the mod done to it either. It does sound like Gamegizmo have old stock.

I wonder if that's the same reason why their mods are a bit different. ???

humm, my REAL prob is the modboard... check out my new thread! help me out please...

Mmmmm, strange thing cause GameGizmo didn't have them at stock but announced that the 4-in1 cart would be in stock in december, when I ordered it; plus, while reading the modification for the cart it says something about a sticker that when removed void the warranty, well, mine does not have any sticker.

Anyway, I'l try the mod.

Originally posted by hal9k@Jan. 10 2003, 3:38 pm

while reading the modification for the cart it says something about a sticker that when removed void the warranty, well, mine does not have any sticker.

Neither does mine. Maybe EMS have produced a batch of the old design carts by mistake? The Hong-Kong companies aren't exactly known for consistency or high quality.

Back