Aladdin

Today's game of the day is Aladdin on Mega Drive, made by Virgin Games under license from Disney.

It's got impressive animation, great music and clearly reflects the progress of the film, but has it got the game play?

Personally, I love the Disney stuff, particularly on the Mega Drive, and this was challenging and fun enough to keep me coming back.

One for the whole family
tongue.gif

I really enjoyed Aladdin, great graphics and sound, great gameplay. Maybe a little on the easy side, but when a game is well programmed and fun that doesn't matter so much to me. Also, the attention to detail in the graphics is stunning.

I remember renting this game back when it came out, which was probably the best way to go since it was so easy.. I'd have felt a bit ripped off otherwise. Definately a fun game and very impressive graphics, I just wish they'd had more difficulty levels or something. And hey, at least Robin Williams wasn't in it.

Good game with ace graphics and animation.plus good music.a little on the easy side but all round good fun.but then again most of the disney ones were.

i was wondering,becouse the animation is so good on the disney games,do they use the original film animators.

also i wouldent state its one of the best megadrive/genesis games ever,but they were good.

look for the cheat menu code for Aladdin and do it, you'll see his glistening smiling face staring at you.  
wub.gif

Originally posted by lupas@Aug. 20 2002, 10:30 pm

who is dave perry :huh

He now resides in Laguna Beach, California, and runs Shiny Entertainment. Shiny are responsible for MDK, Messiah and under the new ownership of Infogrames the Matrix game.

Dave Perry's other notable games are Earthworm Jim and Cool Spot.
smile.gif

Aladdin is one of the best games of megadrive and it shows very well the strong points of megadrive, smooth scrolls and good animation of sprites, but also it shines in other aspects that some idiots critisizes, sound and colours.

Perhaps it is a bit easy.

Hey, Dave Perry was known (by some people) much earlier I remember some good titles in the old Amstrad CPC (an old 8 bit computer) made by him and Nick Bruty such as Dandare 3 and Trantor.

Originally posted by RedAngel@Aug. 21 2002, 1:19 am

Hey, Dave Perry was known (by some people) much earlier I remember some good titles in the old Amstrad CPC (an old 8 bit computer) made by him and Nick Bruty such as Dandare 3 and Trantor.

I used to spend hours playing Trantor: The Last Stormtrooper
biggrin.gif

Back