• Rise from your gwave!

Alien Front Online

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by 3rdman, Aug 12, 2001.

1. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

I didn't think the game was gonna be fun for me, but it is! Now, if I can just get my DC's modem to actually work...

2. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

Yes, it rocks! And the voice chat is hella funny!!! It sounds like Star Wars.

3. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

Finally had a good long session with AFO online and I'm really impressed. All that action and it remains rock steady...Just awesome.

Played mostly on the Army side, and let me tell you, It's way harder than the alien side. Being weeker,It forces the players to attack and defend as a team. The only gripe I've got is that you die WAY to easily. Other than that...Awesome!

4. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

I played 2 games (got cut short the second time cause I got disconnected) and the first time I could understand people, but the second time I couldn't...at all. DId the same happen to you?

5. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

Yeah...Sounds similiar to my experience. I've read that the servers are real small and that they are slowly upgrading and expanding them which is a large part of the problem. Still...great game. Whats you handle in the game? Mine is...surprise...3rdman.

6. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

FLEABtn

#### 7 character limit :angry:

7. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

i played if offline a little bit and it was pretty fun. I dont know if its worth buying though since i cant get my dc online =(

8. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

If you can't get your DC online, then it probably isn't worth it, because online is the best part of the game.

9. Link

Link New Member

I can't stay connected to that game, but it seems to rule. I can stay connected to everything else though...

10. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

I played the game for 2 hours, then threw the blank away so it doesn't waste my space.

just WHAT is supposed to be fun about that game? it looks like one of those 20 minute freeware games off 3dfiles.com, it plays like shit, and the enemies take 6+ hits to die, but can easily kill you in 2.

11. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

Sounds like you were playing the Army side. It is defenitly necessary to play as a team if your gonna be on the Army side.

The fun is playing online...voice chat is kind of a neat novelty. But, yeah, the novelty does wear off...I can see why some wouldn't like it all that much.

12. Gear

Gear New Member

Sounds like was playing the tactical missions. They are extremely tough, no matter which side you pick.

13. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

It looks like this (along with PSO ver. 2) are the last of the good titles to come out on DC, now that Shenmue 2 is gone. So, is the game worth $30? I need new DC games, but im not sure which to buy, and this game looks sort of interesting.

14. Gear

Gear New Member

It is one of these games you "love so much" or "hate you, bitch", so be careful and well informed when you get it.

15. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

The game is fun, if not challenging. I recommend it as it is worth the thirty dollars you would spend to get it. If you haven't picked it up, get Alone in the Dark. It's selling for 20 bucks and its GREAT! I actually scare the #### out of myself when i play it alone...in the dark...with the TV loud.

BTW, the graphics in AITD are some of the best I've seen on the Dreamcast. The flashlight illumination is really cool and really creates a spooky mood to the whole game.

16. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

I used to own the original Alone in the Dark, it sucked so bad, I never wanted to play onother Alone in the Dark game again. But from what I have herd the newer sequals are quite good, but I have never seen a copy selling for the DC.

17. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

It's in stores now...Brand new for twenty bucks. It's very much like Resident Evil.

18. racketboy

racketboy Member

does the music skip on your copy when it's loading?

19. kaos42_ze

kaos42_ze New Member

mine does ...

20. RyoGeo

RyoGeo New Member

Obviously this is a ressurected thread, so I am curious. Are the servers for this game even active anymore?