Alien Front Online

I didn't think the game was gonna be fun for me, but it is! Now, if I can just get my DC's modem to actually work...

Finally had a good long session with AFO online and I'm really impressed. All that action and it remains rock steady...Just awesome.

Played mostly on the Army side, and let me tell you, It's way harder than the alien side. Being weeker,It forces the players to attack and defend as a team. The only gripe I've got is that you die WAY to easily. Other than that...Awesome!

I played 2 games (got cut short the second time cause I got disconnected) and the first time I could understand people, but the second time I couldn't...at all. DId the same happen to you?

Yeah...Sounds similiar to my experience. I've read that the servers are real small and that they are slowly upgrading and expanding them which is a large part of the problem. Still...great game. Whats you handle in the game? Mine is...surprise...3rdman.

I can't stay connected to that game, but it seems to rule. I can stay connected to everything else though...

I played the game for 2 hours, then threw the blank away so it doesn't waste my space.

just WHAT is supposed to be fun about that game? it looks like one of those 20 minute freeware games off 3dfiles.com, it plays like shit, and the enemies take 6+ hits to die, but can easily kill you in 2.

Sounds like you were playing the Army side. It is defenitly necessary to play as a team if your gonna be on the Army side.

The fun is playing online...voice chat is kind of a neat novelty. But, yeah, the novelty does wear off...I can see why some wouldn't like it all that much.

It looks like this (along with PSO ver. 2) are the last of the good titles to come out on DC, now that Shenmue 2 is gone. So, is the game worth $30? I need new DC games, but im not sure which to buy, and this game looks sort of interesting.

It is one of these games you "love so much" or "hate you, bitch", so be careful and well informed when you get it.

The game is fun, if not challenging. I recommend it as it is worth the thirty dollars you would spend to get it. If you haven't picked it up, get Alone in the Dark. It's selling for 20 bucks and its GREAT! I actually scare the #### out of myself when i play it alone...in the dark...with the TV loud.

BTW, the graphics in AITD are some of the best I've seen on the Dreamcast. The flashlight illumination is really cool and really creates a spooky mood to the whole game.

I used to own the original Alone in the Dark, it sucked so bad, I never wanted to play onother Alone in the Dark game again. But from what I have herd the newer sequals are quite good, but I have never seen a copy selling for the DC.

Originally posted by RyoGeo@Jan. 17 2003, 7:30 pm

Obviously this is a ressurected thread, so I am curious. Are the servers for this game even active anymore?

That's what I'd like to know. I went to play this game in sometime in December, and I naturally got the "no response from master server" message for 2 days in a row, indicating that Sega abandoned the servers, which they said they were going to do.

Have any of you been able to connect since then?

As for the game itself, it really isn't anything remarkable offline, but take that baby online, and it's a whole different story: It's a highly addictive and fun game online, and its simplicity only adds to the enjoyment. I played the game for about 4 hours straight the night I bought it, and my friends were watching, we were laughing the entire time. Highly recommended if you can get online with your DC and the servers are back up.

I honestly think that the online DC structure helped somewhat in the formation of Xbox Live, and the voice chat in this game is a good indication. It worked quite well, although only 1 person could talk at a time, it helped add another dimension to the game...

Back