Almost no SEGA news? Bullshit! Nights : Journey of Dreams

Interesting. Wasn't the potential sequel to Nights reported to incorporate some gameplay scheme based on the rumored motion sensing attachment for the Saturn 3-D analog pad?

It must be destiny that Nights meets the Wii. Too bad i don't have a wii.:vollkommenauf:

mal said:
Write one and submit it.

Well that's not very constructive.

vbt said:
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Interview

SEGA Studio USA producer Takashi Iizuka tells us about the Wii flying game.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/787/787062p1.html

I'm curious about this, even more than ever. Now they're also using the nunchuck?

Also, for multi player reasons, how big would the worlds be? And it can't be a rail type game for that to work, could it?

I'm disappointed it's on the Wii with it's dated graphics and horrid controls.

Nintendo should make it an option to use standard controls too. :thumpdown:

MTXBlau said:
Well that's not very constructive.

And neither was Drenholm posting twice that no one had written anything up on this yet.

As we've seen around SX lately, these things don't just write themselves...

cww80 said:
I'm disappointed it's on the Wii with it's dated graphics and horrid controls.

Nintendo should make it an option to use standard controls too. :thumpdown:

Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's horrid?

As for graphics, it can go both ways. I mean, yes the Wii isn't a powerhouse, but what could possibly be improved for this kind of game? It's not Splinter Cell or Forza Motorsport, for instance.

MTXBlau said:
Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's horrid?

As for graphics, it can go both ways. I mean, yes the Wii isn't a powerhouse, but what could possibly be improved for this kind of game? It's not Splinter Cell or Forza Motorsport, for instance.

It's not the way I play games or want to play games. It's seems like more of a gimmick than anything. It just doesn't work well in my opinion; it's not compelling. (compared to standard controls) I'm worried about the direction games are headed. Not just Nintendo, either. Sony already added it sort of in SIXAXIS, and Microsoft has said that they will if necessary. I don't like having these controls forced on me. If this happens and they all adopt similar controls, I will be done buying console systems.

I think Nintendo has made a mistake not adding the option to use standard controls. I have no plans to ever purchase a Wii.

The graphics can and will always be far better on PS3 and Xbox 360.

I would prefer to see it on all 3 systems. Sega needs to just stick to being a multi platform developer. It would be best for the consumer to have it on all 3, maybe even the PS2.

Why do you hate motion controls so much? How much time have you given them? How much have you used them? Which Wii games have you played so far?

Give it time to develop before making a statement like you'll stop buying consoles period if they all adopt motion controls.

Wii sports and Zelda. I'm glad Nintendo also released Zelda on Gamecube, otherwise I wouldn't bother with it. I'll say it again, not my way to play games. It should be an option.

I have no plans to give it time as I'm just fine with playing games the way I always have.

Actually I've hated the way games were going up until Nintendo released the Wii (and the DS, but we're talking consoles, not handhelds). For years it seems like the more powerful a system, the more expensive it got, for what were really the same games over and over -- I got bored as hell, sick of spending premiums on "the same old", and almost completely got out of gaming.

Then Nintendo released an alternative that was different, gimmick be damned, it was the first console I had fun with in ages -- at least they're trying to shake things up a bit, instead of playing the "my dick is bigger then yours" console powerhouse game. I will likely never buy a PS3, and still haven't bought a 360 (Live! Arcade interests me more then the games), I don't see any reason to, at all.

cww80 said:
I'll say it again, not my way to play games. It should be an option.

The funny part about that is, it is an option. No one is making you buy a Wii, that's your choice -- and you're completely in the right, if you don't like it, don't buy it. And don't try to say offering Zelda (or whatever, Game "X") only on the Wii is making you buy a Wii -- no one is making you buy Zelda either. You're not wrong in not liking it, to each his own after all, it really doesn't matter.

As for me, I love my Wii, and I applaud Nintendo for trying something different.

I was taken aback by the idea that the motion controls don't work. I haven't played Zelda (haven't played any, ever, actually) but with Wii Sports, some games the controls work well, others not so much. Trauma Center: Second Opinion is where the Wii shines, same with DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2. Even with Sonic and the Secret Rings it's great (I realize now that the wonky controls are due to the fact that this sonic requires leveling).

In any event, it's not forced on you. PS3 and Xbox360 games are largely the standard fare, 10+2 with three d-pads, blah blah blah.

I find the Wii a lot more engaging. And more importantly, it's the only system *ever* where every time someone new plays it, they come away with wanting to own one (and I'm talking about 50+ year olds). My wife thoroughly enjoys playing Wii Sports and WiiPlay with me (also a first, outside of SMB1 and SMB3).

I don't know. It is what it is, I suppose. The Wii has done fantastically sales wise, and from just casual observation you seem to be part of a very small minority. But, Nintendo knew they couldn't please everyone, which is why there's still MS and Sony.

Thanks Tagrineth I will continue to play games on the other systems available.

Dibz I never said Nintendo was forcing me to buy there system; It's just I would buy it if it was an option to use standard controls.(In all games) They really could please everyone here. I've supported Nintendo since the beginning, I'm disappointed that they went this direction.

I'm also not implying that other people shouldn't enjoy it, I'm glad you guys do. It's just not for me.

What I don't understand is that video games have been for years trying to be more immersive (virtual reality everything). Arcades have been using motion sensing (the good ones anyway) to make games more interesting.

The wii is adding a new level of immersion.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, what specifically about the motion controls do you not like?

You don't have to do the whole "stand up" thing with wii games. I have one friend who always plays Wii Sports sitting down, and just does quick wrist movements.

Back