AMEBA a new saturn game !

vbt

Staff member
yes a visual novel game is coming to the saturn (and dreamcast)
Remember I just said Chui had been tampering with and old Saturn? Another reason work is going slow: we are planning to release AMEBA on the Sega Saturn as well.

No, we’re not kidding. Yes, we know it sounds crazy. But Chui’s been doing his research and there may be a way. We are serious about this. If things go well, Ameba will be released for PC, Android, Dreamcast AND Saturn.

interview here : http://retrosumus.com/2015/06/ameba-xenocider-screenshots-interview-dc-junkyard/

Interesting. I didn't notice anywhere in the interview any mention of how they were going to get the Saturn version running without a modchip or other non-invasive means of getting a game booting (maybe via cartridge?).

Hello, my name is Carlos and I'm a member of Retro Sumus, more specifically the one interviewed up there :p

It's still a bit too soon for us to reveal some specific details, but I'm here just incase you guys have questions I can aswer.

Greetings from Spain! :)

Hey there, hombreimaginario. If you don't mean technical specifics; I'm curious as to how you plan on releasing the game for the Saturn, considering that it's practically impossible to boot Saturn games without either the System Disc or using the cartridge port to store some kind of bootloader.

Hey there, hombreimaginario. If you don't mean technical specifics; I'm curious as to how you plan on releasing the game for the Saturn, considering that it's practically impossible to boot Saturn games without either the System Disc or using the cartridge port to store some kind of bootloader.

We are still exploring both options: a boot cartridge or a reproduction of the theoretically impossible to reproduce "security ring" found in the Saturn discs. We'll see ;)

We shared this image last night on our Facebook and Twitter accounts...

11993298_730690653743207_8812316709332444479_n.jpg

"Script for our first demo is finished. See you at RetroBarcelona!" ;)

I'd like have fox68k's help like when we did neo4all, aes4all or gens4all.

I'll ask him but he is very busy and his job is very far from here.

Just asking for your opinions... Please think for a couple seconds before you answer: how many copies of a new Saturn game do you guys think would sell?

This is a huge concern for us if we want to release Ameba for the Saturn, as both the coding and the manufacturing will be far more complicated (and expensive) than the average Dreamcast indie release. There's lots and lots of research to do if we were to include a Saturn version as a Kickstarter pledge (not that a Kickstarter campaign is decided yet).

Thanks in advance
smiley.png

Back