• Rise from your gwave!

America

Discussion in 'General' started by jim993, Jan 20, 2002.

1. jim993

jim993 New Member

In America 99% of the nations wealth is owned by around 1% of it's population.

2. Curtis

Curtis Member

Congrats. on stating the bleeding obvious...

What do you want? Kudos? Money?

3. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

That's how it is in most industrial countries, or in fact, in most countries anywhere.

4. Karny

Karny New Member

I'm still trying to figure out why this post was made...

Was there a reason you felt you needed to share your amazing insight into the world and its economic workings?

5. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

Post count boosting does wonders for peoples ego's

6. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

south africa is an exception, with karny being a rich fuck there who can afford a ps2, gamecube, and sega systems, which he paid with little girls he had traded in for food.

7. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

why does karny have such low #posts?

8. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

because he doesnt post much

9. RadSil

RadSil New Member

Alternatively, 1% of America's wealth is owned by 99% of the population... which is much scarier wording.

10. jim993

jim993 New Member

SkankinMonkey Posted on 3:11 am on Jan. 21, 2002

Post count boosting does wonders for peoples ego's

LOL no the thing is i was bored. i don't give a #### about post numbers and if you don't believe me you can always set my post number at zero perm it doesn't matter. Why did i post this pure boredom that and pointing out the obvious is needed sometimes; but it's mainly boredom.

11. Quadriflax

Quadriflax New Member

And 99% of my money is owned by the government. So it would seem anyway...

12. Cynnamin

Cynnamin New Member

And 99% of the people who post on this board are idiots.

Inversely, 1% of the people who post on this board are NOT idiots. However, that does NOT mean that they are intelligent.

13. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

I feel compelled to mention Sturgeon's Law here, but I can't think of a clever way to do it.

14. morey

morey New Member

/me am moron.

Actually, I think it's the top 1% owns 90% of the wealth. GRRR stimulus package.

"Economic Apartheid in America"

-Morey

15. Nadius

Nadius Member

Why thanks for making me feel better, Cynnamin.

Well... at least I can try to be a cool idiot like Skippy Handleman.

16. Cynnamin

Cynnamin New Member

You are very welcome. I always like to try to brighten someone's day.

17. jim993

jim993 New Member

i forget the exact numbers but there's some stat that's something like 1% ownes 99% of the wealth and then 10% or something like that of that initial 1% ownes more money then the whole; something like that i forget i read all this stuff last year lol.

18. Cynnamin

Cynnamin New Member

How about everyone just give all their money and all their wealth to me and I will ensure that everyone receives a fair portion and is happy? :)

*flutters her angel wings*

19. Bocmaxima

Bocmaxima New Member

Actually all of the Nations money is owned ny the Gov. A "Federal Reserve Note" as it says on US currency, is actually a reciept. A reciept for what you may ask? Well for the gold we supposedly have in Ft Knox, but I dare one of you to go there and ask to get your gold...lol, lets see how fast they pull a gun on you. Heres another scary fact...sorta

1.3 Billion - The number of obese people in the world

1.3 Billion - The number of undernourished people in the world.

Strange.

20. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

so, basically, if the fat people donated some of their food to the starving people, we could all be taken care of and no one would be fat!!!

(i know thats oversimplification [is that a word?], but oh well. if only we could make it happen...)