Anbody Learned Japanese just to play Games?

oh so you pity me? haha. I actually have a small japanese to english dictionary i use when playing jap games.

That's different from taking years of classes to be able to read the games
tongue.gif

Well one of the reasons I would do it would be to be able to read games but not the ONLY reason. That's just a waste of time if it is the only reason.

it'll be cool to have some frineds who spoke jap all the times, then u would feel like secret ninjas without the ninja outfits
cool.gif

i speak japanese words in part of my conversation sometimes because i watch far too much anime, i have had the theme tune to excel saga going around my head all day...

Most of the Japanese I know now has replaced a great majority of the Spanish I took classes for over the course of five years. Hooray for school. I'm by no means fluent though, and I'm not fond of acting pretentious by spouting out miscellaneous words.

Games got me interested in it. The silly idea Japan was a cool place and had neat movies and music got me to continue studying the language. Then eventually I learned enough to realize Japan really sucks, their music is idiotic, their movies and TV are utter shit, and their population lacks any critical thinking skills. So now the only time I use any of the language skills I learned is to play the minority of Japanese games which aren't crap.

mercatfat Posted on Aug. 23 2002, 9:11 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did, but also so that I could read my Japanese h-mangas.

It was also an easy 'A'.

people who get easy a's in japanese language classes are either japanese or not to be trusted

Not japanese (got a few dictionaries and stuff... but it ends there), but I got heavily motivated in learning english to play all those RPGs back in my childhood.

The Masta System introduced me to the reading and the Sega CD helped me to improve the listening.

Or at least I felt motivated enough to actually learn something from the utter shitty english classes I had to attend back in school.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Aug. 25 2002, 2:19 pm

Not japanese (got a few dictionaries and stuff... but it ends there), but I got heavily motivated in learning english to play all those RPGs back in my childhood.

Same here, but i started with quests on PC. (Space Quest series
smile.gif

KUSO!!

CHIKUSHO!!

issho ni utaimasho

woo, arn't japanease phrase books grand
tongue.gif

I've been to japan with my school but can't read it for kuso.
wink.gif

I plan on attempting to learn Japanese eventually so I can help the translation scene and of course be able to play Jap games without a txt file open on my pc
smile.gif

Back