Another website about Saturn

I want to present the new version of www.satakore.com. The site is dedicated to the Sega Saturn. It is in french :) but we try to put it also in english.

What you will find on it :

- Saturn Engine : All the Saturn games are listed here with more or less information. You will not find something identical elsewhere.

- Saturn Tech DB : My own work on technical information about games, demos and software for Sega Saturn (WIP, V 0.82 online).

- Reviews : Reviews of some Saturn games

- Hardware : an historic of Sega Saturn hardware (no dev kit,...)

- Retro Gaming : Some reviews of old games, provided by Mlle Daphnée.

- Dossiers : Some FAQs which can cover all aspect of the Sega Saturn.

- Soluces : Some Walkthroughs

- Covers : All the covers collected over the years by Rysley.

- Collections : Pictures of some collections of members & staff of www.satakore.com

- Booklets : Some booklets

- Spin Cards : Some spin cards

- Flyers : Some flyers, all about Sega Saturn

- Videos : Some videos (ads, segata sanshiro,...)

- Wallpapers : Some wallpapers

- Forum

- Irc channel

- Staff: check out who we are! (Under construction...)

- Spotlight : It is the game of the week. For this game, you will find a review, a picture of the game, the cover if available, 2 in-game screenshots and one video. For now, it is Crows JAP. But it will change on Saturday.

Don't forget to read all the past news on the site. It will tell you a lot of things about how the site works (especially for non english people).

I hope a lot of people will like what they will find there.

Originally posted by Runik@Jul 8, 2004 @ 09:56 PM

Vbt is active there too iirc ;)

I try to be on the two iirc channels. Anyway, it's woth to have a look on www.satakore.com, the site is pretty complete and has got a lot of interresting infos about the Saturn :)

:thumbs-up: :cheers

Originally posted by Madroms@Jul 8, 2004 @ 08:34 PM

- Saturn Engine : All the Saturn games are listed here with more or less information. You will not find something identical elsewhere.

Well i beg to differ.... :p

Yes, your site is really great and provides a big database of games for a lot of hardware, but it is not complete for Saturn. Also, some titles and some japanese foreign titles are not correct.

Also, you can notice our Saturn Engine doesn't include Brazilian games for now, just because I need some confirmations they are differents from the USA releases. I already took the list from the tectoy website btw.

Hmm, I just saw an update about the latest games inserted in your database: a lot of specific mono-language european Saturn games (French, German ones) with the appropriate serial number. Some titles are really difficult to find, especially subtittle like the one for Atlantis.

If you got the info from www.satakore.com, please credit our work.

Yes we have ~150 or so Japanese releases left to add to the database, but I take offense to your notion that our Japanese is incorrect. We painstakingly research every title and use a consistent romaji scheme which seems lacking on some of your entries. I'd enjoy some specific examples of incorrect titles.

As for giving contributor credit, your information isn't proprietary or copywritten by your site. Unless I am lifting actual text from your site, game data is public domain...or at teh very least owned by the game companies themselves and not you or I.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest over who has a better site, so instead of asking for credit for data, how about following your own example about "lifting" the tectoy site's list and apply it to other sites' lifting your data. Also, the mere fact that you know/think you know that VGR has some bad data for titles means that you no doubt harvested us to a degree as well.

Coexisting is better than confrontation. I welcome any information that you could provide that would further VGR's data and would likewise enjoy helping your site in any way you require.

Originally posted by slinga@Jul 14, 2004 @ 10:45 PM

There's a lot of great information on VGR, unfortunately the above information about inaccuracies is true (especially regarding the saturn section). For example:

http://vgrebirth.org/games/game.asp?id=176...%3D2%26page%3D5

Capcom Generation 4 is 3, not 2 players. IIRC it's listed as three on the box....other then that good stuff.

Well it's stuff like that that I need to know from people who own the games. One of the reasons we put the submission system in place is to fix bad data that was found elsewhere on teh net...not duplicate it.

That being said...fixed. :)

We talked about that on IRC. Solved. No war.

He puts manjimaru for the contributor of the new games he just added.

If someone wants some help about Saturn games, database,... Just ask.

Originally posted by Madroms@Jul 15, 2004 @ 12:18 AM

If someone wants some help about Saturn games, database,... Just ask.

I make just a small reminder for people who could participate to improve the Saturn DB :) The current DB information were taken from only original games in order to increase the accuracy and the correctness of the data. So the prerequisite is to send info from orignial games ONLY :)

Also each contributor of the Saturn Tech DB will have his name written in the contributors list at the end, like it is already the case for Trashmullet and Slayer.

Back