Any place to get a pre-modded Saturn?

read topic

Thanks
smile.gif

As far as I know, the only place that even carried them was PlayTheGames, and they suck ass. Other than that, the only way your getting a pre-modded unit is if you goto one of those Chinese places which sell pirate Game disks and such. I suppose if you can't find a place, your best bet it to ask around.

Isn't Sanfrancisco Chinatown one of the biggest in the state!?!

Im sure they have it, but they might charge a lot. And thats an Asian unit, not a USA Black model. I don't think anyone carrys US models except native US Stores. The rest carry the Japanese/HK stuff since they usualy are more on the cutting edge of things.

Sup all! I used to have a USA Unit many moons ago, but the shitty chip blew out. Crappy Lik-Sang peice of junk. It came so dirty and cheap looking. And ya, I kinda think the US market is just a trash can for the asian markets. They never bring any of the good stuff over. Only until several years pass do they unload all their crap on us, at high prices.

But if your really desperate, you could always rish it and goto playthegames, but they don't even ship items after they charge you, so I heard.

just chip it yourself.

chip $20

cheapo solderin iron from radio shack $9

time: 5min

I'd suggest practicing on somthin thats broken. chip should come pre wired an with a little solder. ofcourse you could just get a nice iron if you think you'll do alot of solderin in future. good 1's are bout a grand n up.

Thanks to all the replies. I have a Model 1 Saturn which I hear is near impossible to mod because of the unavailiblity of the 20-pin modchip. I'll try checking out Chinatown soon, even though I doubt my parents would even let me step foot there. Once again thanks :
wink.gif
:

BTW, if anyone has an already chipped Saturn, please let me know.

Ya, be sure to let everyone know what you find in Chinatown because im sure a bunch of people live in the same area you do.

Ya, be sure to let everyone know what you find in Chinatown because im sure a bunch of people live in the same area you do.

Back