Anybody catch the Superbowl Halftime show?

Heh... That brings to mind something... I was listening to NPR the other morning, and they were talking about how the company that owns Tower Records is declaring bankruptcy. They were blaming people downloading music for poor sales. That claim pisses me off. I have actualy bought MORE music since downloading MP3's became so easy. It is only the major label artists that are not selling as well.

The fact is that now people can easily listen to whe whole album before shelling out $15 for it, and they realize that most major label releases, well, suck. Therefore, they do not shell out $15 for a CD that only has two songs on it they like. BUT, smaller label and independant artists are selling MORE. Nobody takes that into consideration. A new artist's word-of-mouth leads to people downloading their tracks, deciding that they like what they hear, and buying the independant artist's CD, either from Amazon, directly from the smaller label's website, or directly from the artist. The big record stores might stock 180,000 copies of the new Justin Timberlake CD, but only 20,000 people want to buy it. Those other 160,000 people are going to buy copies of 20,000 DIFFERENT CD's that the big record store has never even heard of.

/end rant.

I agree. Thats why this itunes deal with 99 cent music is so going to replace free music piracy in the future. Not the near future by any means, but if the RIAA does get their grubby little hands on my precious p2p networks, then pay-per-song is definatley the way music is going to go.

bah, I'll never pay per song. That's bullshit. I dont even get their cd, or album art or ANYTHING. A lot of tracks are like little 20sec intros and stuff too, who wants to pay 99 cents for that?

... No the idea is you pay 99 cents per song. As in you only download only the songs you like, but you pay 99 cents for them.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Feb 8, 2004 @ 07:13 PM

bah, I'll never pay per song. That's bullshit. I dont even get their cd, or album art or ANYTHING. A lot of tracks are like little 20sec intros and stuff too, who wants to pay 99 cents for that?

They also do a "$**.** for full album" deal, so if an album has like 20 tracks (Linkin Park: Reanimation comes to mind, not that I have any idea why anyone would buy that if they had any idea what was on it) you don't have to pay a full $20.

On an interesting side note, Strip clubs in Arizona are starting to change their names to "wardrobe malfunction" clubs. ;)

well here in Utah....we used to have a couple of full-on nudie clubs. Now all we have are boobie-tassles in anything under 21. and the ones that are over 21 are tits only, how sad is that? I dont know if it is a new law or what, but all of them pretty much changed at the same time....about 3/4-1/2 year before I turned 18 :-(.

haha, u just need to be 21 :). We dont get real beer either, it sux. Oh well, I live like 15min away from the base and know tons of ppl who work up there and stuff so we can get real beer pretty much whenever we want.

Originally posted by mal@Feb 6, 2004 @ 11:43 PM

I think the worst part is that a class action lawsuit has already been filed.

"during halftime festivities caused viewers to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury."

Jesus, I wonder what these people were upto? :wanker

:looney

Originally posted by KiDdErZ+Feb 12, 2004 @ 12:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KiDdErZ @ Feb 12, 2004 @ 12:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mal@Feb 6, 2004 @ 11:43 PM

I think the worst part is that a class action lawsuit has already been filed.

"during halftime festivities caused viewers to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury."

Jesus, I wonder what these people were upto? :wanker

:looney [/b][/quote]

I put my eye through the tv trying to see if it was a piercing or just decoration at first! Gimmie money! :sarcasm:

Back