Anyone gotten this?

Cloud121

Established Member
whoa! this is weird!! I just got a Virus on my computer. anyone ever gotten the JS.Exception.Exploit virus before? that's the name of the virus that I just got. I hope it doesn't do too much damage. Norton Anti-Virus Quarantined it. So is it safe now?

(Edited by Cloud121 at 1:29 pm on Sep. 15, 2001)

norton anti virus is crap imho

also if its quarantined i think you will find the file affected is still there, just renamed so it wont run, rather than the virus actually being removed from it

you might need to update norton to the newest virus sugnatures (use the auto update feature) to actually fix it properly

or just delete the affected file

since it's in the Temporary Internet Files folder in the WINDOWS folder, you think if I do Disk Cleanup (which deletes Temporary Internet Files) it will delete the virus?

try it and do the virus scan again?, it should tell you then its clear, unless it doesn't rescan i's quarantineed files of course (check if your scanning just executables and documents, or all files)

sorry for reviving such an old dead thread but I just got this thing and norton wont do shit to it. WHAT ME DO?!

hmmmm.....not had that one yet.......thanks for the warning to where you got it from!...i'll stay clear of them!
wink.gif

How does someone get it from a site they visit? Could they mean from a file they downloaded from that site? or does just visiting the site all it take?

I remember getting 1 virus. I was half-conscious and checking some email. I went through and deleted most of the spam. I seen one that sent me an attachment with a ".pif" extension. Any Windows 3.1 user knows what a .pif file is, Win3.1 users learn to create them. .. Well NEway, I was thinking "Neato, no harm in opening a PICTURE file" As soon as I clicked open I relized . . "What a damn minute, .pif is an executable!!"
damn.gif

Sure enough it was some worm that I quickly forgot about because I just reformatted and reinstalled.
blush.gif

JS.Exception.Exploit isn't a virus proper, but a piece of Javascript that exploits some weakness in older unpatched Internet Explorers. According to the description, it is mostly used to change your browser homepage behind your back and similar purposes.

Actually, Edge fixed the problem. It was in fact one of their ads got programed wrong or somethng. Can't remember exactly.

I dont know where I got it, it was some German warez site... um ROM site...
wink.gif
Well anyway i guess it's fine now. Thanks now I dont have to worry.

technically the name is a general term given to any java script that the antivirus will pick up on that it thinks is harmfull. I mean java exploits can cause tons of problems on a computer i mean if somebody knew what they were doing really i guess they could use java to run stuff on a persons computer. blah blah blah yada yada yada

Back