Anyone notice this before?

slinga

Established Member
I own three skeleton saturn controllers (the transparent pads). Two have black cords, one has white. Why the difference? The black cords look way better. Was this Sega official, or did I get screwed on eBay (again :damn: )?

But I have a black corded skeleton saturn controller (it came with a derby stallion unit) and a white/grey corded one that I bought (boxed) on ebay from Japan. The box said 'this is cool'. I assumed there were two versions..... and seeing as how we both have white/grey corded versions, maybe this is the case!!!

But I agree....the black one is much better!!

Following on from my last post....While I think of it... I did try to open the controller to change the white cord (with one from my black controllers) but 2 of the screws were corroded a bit, and I when I tried to unscrew them I damaged them by removing the metal "teeth" in the middle... and now they will not open because the screwdrive will not "catch" on the phillips head bits............

So..........getting to the point...... does anyone know how to open up screws that have lost their "teeth" so to speak (I am not sure how to describe this better)

Re: the dodgy screwheads

Depending on the degree of damage to the heads there is a way to fix them so the driver will bite......

Simply get a flat-ended cylindrical bit of metal ( :huh - ok bad explanation..... something like a screwdriver shank with the end cut off :unsure:).

Place this on top of the damaged head and give it an almighty whack with a hammer (being careful not to damage the plastic of course.... could prove to be tricky).

This should then fold over the bits of the slots that were weakened, enabling the driver to bite correctly.This is a bit of a one-shot deal though so you should look at replacing the screws after this proceedure.

Hope this works (if you try it - I'm not recommending it as safe to use on your controller, but it is a little trick I've picked up at work for treating damaged screw heads)

Back