Anyone reconise this?

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Anyone reconise the new saying on the top of your browser. It says "SegaXtreme - We've got your Pico here!" Since when did the change that?

that doesn't even make sense... we've got your pico right here? What the hell. I know the pico was a feeble system attempt but what does it have to do with anything?

I think it's a joke. RevQuixo said he could change Sega Xtreme to a Pico only site if he wanted, I asked if he really did, and he laughed. Maybe this is a reference?

Originally posted by Gallstaff@July 12 2002,20:35

that doesn't even make sense... we've got your pico right here? What the hell. I know the pico was a feeble system attempt but what does it have to do with anything?

And what does Alf being in Style have to do with Sega?

Yes I know he had a Master System game but it was hardly popular or well known. Plus technicaly during the time when Alf was on TV the NES was firmly entrenched as teh top dog system, so we can't even pretend that we are being nostalgic to a previous gaming era.

So basically the new quote is at least Sega related.

I say we add a pico forum.
biggrin.gif

A few reasons to keep it as it is:

From what I was told, Pico means the same thing that Pito means in Spanish, only it's Chilanean (from Chile). I guess that's why my Chilanean friend would always laugh when he saw my dad's antique store entitled "The Pico Collector" (only because it was on the street, Pico, in Santa Monica). So, when you say "We've got your pico right here!", it sounds wrong, but funny nonetheless.

Pico was a feeble attempt at a system, but why leave out the little kids (who are now probably high school graduates) who used to play it all the time?

Also, Pico is a cool game created by Tom Fulp at http://www.newgrounds.com

I just thought it meant that SX has all the rare Sega stuff for consoles that most people know hardly anything about.

I think something to do with Segata Sanshriou would be a funny page title
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gallstaff@July 14 2002,20:57

how about "sexaxtreme - where it used to be better with iceman"?

biggrin.gif

sexaxtreme? um, wrong site buddy, better start packin your bags (or fudge if you prefer)

Originally posted by Gallstaff@July 13 2002,21:57

how about "sexaxtreme - where it used to be better with iceman"?

Freudian Slip.

Besides, Iceman hadn't said much in a long while. Changes are taking place, and change is good.

Back