Anyway to...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Captian Crazy

...Speed up my connection to the internet ? I have a cable modem and its slow as #### :( I'm told some regestry editing in windows does the trick, is this true ?

JCTango

Website
www.hostultra.com
yes.

head on over to http://www.dslreports.com

i've boosted up my DSL connection go very nearly close to busting through the 1Meg Barrier :)

Captian Crazy

Does that work with cable ? DSL isin't in my area; it would be but the local company that was backing it where bastards and went bankrupt.

Mysticales

You really just playing with MTU settings and so....I know I can get you a program that will "assist" you in chaging a WHOLE lot for ANY win32 OS. But....if used wrong you can kill things....this can even tweak external programs and hardware settings too.....Also has settings for internet stuff.

Sanity Assassin

Website
Visit site
Dude try speedguide.net, i have dsl, i increased my speed by 4x with the patches reg edits and everything on this site... a must have for you broadband people

Mysticales

Assassin go here

http://199.243.225.45:4868/ST-1MB.html

That tells you what your speeds are, its a test. Post your resuts....

Raijin Z

line speed is approximately 1578.3 Kbps or 193.4 K bytes/sec

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
thats not right, it just told me my speeds are about 75k/sec and I get double that on a regular basis (and no, im not doing anything else on the internet right now that would hinder my bandwidth)

Fabrizo

Website
Visit site
Yea, that things not reliable. I just did a speed test and it says I go at about 4545.5 K bytes/sec. I just aplied the regestry patches for my cable modem, but I don't belive for a second they made my connection THAT fast.

Shinji

Website
Visit site
If you use IE hold the ctrl key when you refresh the page or you will get this unbelieveable speed.

It was quite accurate for me (96kB max normally) : approximately 760 Kbps or 95 K bytes/sec. By simple reloading the page: 2272.7 K bytes/sec (would be nice to have this)