Anyway to...

...Speed up my connection to the internet ? I have a cable modem and its slow as #### :( I'm told some regestry editing in windows does the trick, is this true ?

yes.

head on over to http://www.dslreports.com

i've boosted up my DSL connection go very nearly close to busting through the 1Meg Barrier :)

Does that work with cable ? DSL isin't in my area; it would be but the local company that was backing it where bastards and went bankrupt.

You really just playing with MTU settings and so....I know I can get you a program that will "assist" you in chaging a WHOLE lot for ANY win32 OS. But....if used wrong you can kill things....this can even tweak external programs and hardware settings too.....Also has settings for internet stuff.

Dude try speedguide.net, i have dsl, i increased my speed by 4x with the patches reg edits and everything on this site... a must have for you broadband people

Yea, that things not reliable. I just did a speed test and it says I go at about 4545.5 K bytes/sec. I just aplied the regestry patches for my cable modem, but I don't belive for a second they made my connection THAT fast.

If you use IE hold the ctrl key when you refresh the page or you will get this unbelieveable speed.

It was quite accurate for me (96kB max normally) : approximately 760 Kbps or 95 K bytes/sec. By simple reloading the page: 2272.7 K bytes/sec (would be nice to have this)

Back