Are you an old-school pc gamer?

Some more games that slipped my mind the first time :)

- 7th Guest

- B.A.T.

- Curse of Enchantia

- E-Motion

- Elvira Mistress of the Dark (never had the chance to finish it :( )

- Epic

- Fire & Forget 2 (the first game I bought :D)

- Forgotten Worlds

- Galactic Empire

- Heimdall

- Legend of Kyrandia

- Maupiti Island

- Perestroika

- Resolution 101

- Test Drive 3 (the first in "real" 3D :p)

- The Incredible Machine

- X-Wing

Ahh 7th Guest.. Yes forgot that one. I had to take that one back to the store because the clown with the red balloon scared the shit out of me, lol. I was like 9 or so.

Ive never really been much of a comp gamer... didnt get my first computer until late in my life. (well in comparison to every american I know, 14 is late to get a computer!) My whole family had to share it; all 8 of us including parents! So they hated me for constantly breaking the computer (thats how I learned computers break and fix REPEAT!) I did get into a couple good games though and I still play some of them today! Do these count as old school?

Descent

XCOM

Fallout

Quarantine

Redneck Rampage

if i got into any others i was so hopped up on drugs i dont remember playing em'.... the only newer stuff I ever played are the FPS games that my roommate has me put on my comp for LAN parties like SoF2, UT, and im actually getting into Half Life 2. Still the only games I really liked on comp are what I listed above.

(I did play some old ass games on a Tandy back in the day... don't remember the names or anything about em' I do know one was a Sierra game about Police!)

Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2004-11-23 @ 03:37 AM

Ive never really been much of a comp gamer... didnt get my first computer until late in my life. (well in comparison to every american I know, 14 is late to get a computer!)

That's about the time I got my first computer. I always had to go to my friends house to play with his comp because my mom thought a computer was nothing more than an expensive word processor that you could play video games on. Now I can't get her off the damn internet so I can actually use the thing. And don't even get me started about how many times I've had to fix the bloody thing because "something happened." <_<

Quarantine

w00t! I totally forgot about this game. Driving the taxi cab from hell was a blast. And thus started my short lived interest in indy rock.

I'm pretty sure there was a sequel, but I never checked it out.

Back in the day as a kid I played Gertrudes secret, I've also been known to play some old school dungeon crawlers (namely Dungeons of the unforgiven/moraff's world), I also have a terrible wizardry habit, if I get started playing wizardry (on the apple 2, nes, or the port to pc), that'll be the end of the weekend for me. I also used to play a lot of the apogee shareware games, and played a lot of DoTT.

There was also an old school game called castle that I used to play a lot.

I just started playing Legend of Kyrandia the other day, runs very nice on the newest DosBox, with cycles at 8000 and frameskip 1 for me anyway.

Back