Astro Boy : Omega Factor

it290

Established Member
Just got this game today.. oh my god is it awesome. Treasure does it again. The game almost seems like a rebirth of Gunstar Heroes with beat 'em up elements. Scaled and rotated sprites are all over the place. It brings back the 16-bit feeling in spades. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes action games.. after seeing this, I have no doubt that Treasure can do a good job on Guardian Heroes Advance.

edit - before anyone asks, 'why is this here?' .. the game is put out under the Sega label.

great great game, well done, to bad, the ps2 version wasn't as good, but at least the gba version rocks.... :bow

I dunno, the game didn't do it for me. It lacked that Treasure feel. You know? A game that's both simple, deep, and yet requires lots of skill to master? I haven't enjoyed a single one of their games as much as DH, GS, GH, RS, SM etc. since Ikaruga (which incidentally is also one of their best). Hajime no Ippo was entertaining, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as their classics. And i haven't played Gradius 5 yet, but If Ikaruga's anything to go by, I'll love it.

Anyway, back on topic. Yeah, it's fun. But it lacks the polish that they're other titles have had in spades. Shame.

I dunno, I have to disagree. The game is both simple and deep, and it definitely feels like a Treasure game with all the scaled and rotating sprites and wacked out characters. It's certainly deeper than Dynamite Headdy or Gunstar Heroes. And as for being hard to master, try playing on hard without continuing. I would also say it's a better game than the likes of Dynamite Headdy or Light Crusader. I'd also say it's arguably better than Advance Guardian Heroes (which I know you're not a fan of).

Light crusader wasn't much. I agree there. And i didn't mind Astro Boy, but it just didn't grab me like treasure's others. Granted it was FUN, but i didn't see an incentive to replay it as many times as i did Headdy or Silhouette mirage, or Bangaioh, or radiant...(this could go on) Yes it's deeper than headdy. But headdy had such great level design. It was always the same thing, (get to the end) but it's the way it was done...all seventeen powerups, and tiny little secrets, not to mention GREAT design. it stands as one of the most charming games out there, second to Mario world and Yoshi's isle. But then, that's just one shmucks opinion...

Don't know what else to say. At least we agree it's better than AGH. :banana

Back