ATEI 2007 SEGA's Lineup

vbt

Staff member
Sega has the reputation for producing some of the best gun games the industry has seen and will be showing two new ones at the show. In a new format Too Spicy turns the usual format of players fighting with each other to fighting against each other. To maximise the effect of this, the game will come as two single upright cabinets that are linked and set up back to back. Based around the dark world of gang land tribes the scene is set in the back streets, warehouses and subways of Hong Kong.

After the tremendously successful Ghost Squad of 2005 that sold in excess of 800 units, the follow up Ghost Squad Evolution promises to be another hit across Europe. The game will get is world premier at the ATEI this year and will be available for Easter.

Following the release of Let’s Go Jungle in December the game has had extremely high cash box returns. The two player fantasy jungle shooting game is housed in a ‘can’t miss’ Jeep themed theatre cabinet. Sega admits to being caught out by the success of this title and has multiplied original production quantities four fold already “It is been the winter success story as far as we are concerned” commented Justin Burke.

After the launch of Sega Kid’s games at last years ATEI the company is now rolling out more titles. Concentrating on Dinosaurking in 2006 to phenomenal results in an exclusive launch with Leisure Link and Bourne Leisure this year will see that ‘boys’ orientated game complemented with the ‘girls’ version of Love & Berry. The fashion based card collecting game is set to take pride of place at front of stand. By show time Sega will have 336 Kids’ games in the UK and 816 by March across Europe. With other licensed titles in the pipeline and an animation series in Italy and Spain the Sega Kids concept seems to have worked, proved any sceptics wrong and is certainly here to stay.

Additionally Sega will be showing the House and Dead 4 Special Attraction, the latest version of World Club Champion Football 2005 – 2006, the full range of Afterburner Climax cabinets, and the Lindbergh universal upright cabinet.

A bit late :S

Yeah I think some of sega's gun games are cool, but I will wait for some game play video before I make up my mind on the new ones. If I like the way they look I might buy after renting first.

I had a look at some of the picture but could find the shooter that you were referring to. But I did get interested in the game that ha a guitar controller. That looked cool.

Back