Attack in New York

I think we can all hope that war doesn't happen and this can be solved some other way... although that is WAY too optimistic, I really pray for that.

Here in Mexico everyone has been in shock too, I send my condolence to everyone at the US, since this has been terrible and inhuman.

War is inevitable. The only other alternative is to allow this to continue. If anything, this course of action should have happened much sooner. I'm far form a "war-monger" but the fact is that if we remain passive, they'll do this again.

There is however a difference between bringing those responsible to justice and all out war.

I dearly hope that former is chosen.

Quote: from mal on 9:24 pm on Sep. 16, 2001

There is however a difference between bringing those responsible to justice and all out war.

I dearly hope that former is chosen.

That goes without saying...

calvinstealth.jpg

But if he is killed without proving his guilt through a trial, what will this achieve?

No one in the west will ever know for sure if the men responsible have been found and the anti-American feeling in some Middle Eastern countries will grow.

Calls will be made for retaliation.

Sound familiar?

Quote: from mal on 7:43 pm on Sep. 20, 2001

But if he is killed without proving his guilt through a trial, what will this achieve?

No one in the west will ever know for sure if the men responsible have been found and the anti-American feeling in some Middle Eastern countries will grow.

Calls will be made for retaliation.

Sound familiar?

Trial for who? This is a war. Taliban will be made an example.

If anyone else wants a piece of us then they can take a number and get in line.

And you have conclusive proof that this is the work of the Taliban in Afghanistan?

Or do you want America dragged down to the terrorists level?

Yes, many innocent lives have been lost in this tragedy.

It won't make things better for many innocent Afghanis to die as well.

The work of one group does not make a nation guilty.

but your forgetting the fact that the taliban have been asked to hand him over, and have refused, its not as if this is the only act of terrorism he is suspected of either, not that im saying its right to go and bomb them becasue he happens to be there, more the reason this is happening is because they have refused to hand him over for trial, which would have avoided the need to attack them

I'm not saying that there should be no action towards bin laden. It should just be done 'cleanly'. Preferably through legal channels.

If I remember correctly the Taliban haven't handed him over because no one has given them sufficient evidence. Aren't they searching for people out of Germany??

If legal methods fail, then some mission to take bin laden out, either by capture or death, is preferable.

There is no point in attempting to overrun the country. The last person to do so was Alexander the Great...

Back