Backup/Modchip problems

Help please!
sad.gif

i'm having problems with about 60% of my saturn backups

mainly i noticed that the capcom backups never work..

My saturn is a US model 2

21 pin and is already Modded

(bought the chip at lik-sang)

it works fine with backups that sega made

(like Nights and Panzer Dragoon Saga)

and some others.. but i'm having problems with most of my backups (like Marvel SH and Castlevania X)

what am i doing wrong?
huh.gif

i also had problems running some games with the swapping method and about 50% didn't work

(seems i was better off swapping)

the same games that didnt work when i was swapping didnt work with the mod.. but the mod didnt let me play even more backups (about 10% more)

i actually have 2 saturns and they both are model 2 US saturns and i had the same problems.

i am sure i burned them without errors and i'm using tdk and memorex cdr's

can someone help me out?
sad.gif

i already read all the threads here and i couldnt find an answer 2 my backup problem

btw, I know it's against the rules 2 post questions about why my backups wont work on the saturn section, sorry about that

that's what the tech help section is for

didnt read the rules till after i posted this
laugh.gif

can the webmaster please move this message if possible?

This is a problem you will probably never get a satisfactory answer for.
sad.gif

First things first - do you have any "real" games that exhibit the same behaviour?

The best I can tell you is the problem may lie with the power supply. I have a couple of Saturns with a similar problem - some games just refuse to work, be they original or copies. I have traced the problem to a fault in the power supplies. For some reason some power supplies generate strange voltages.

If you have a multimeter (and know how to use it), then check the 5 power rails on the supply. They should read 0,0,5,5,9 or 0,3.3,5,5,9. If the 9v rail reads anything other than 9v, you have a problem.

I don't know how to fix it. Your problem maybe nothing to do with this either, it's hard to say for sure.

allright i'll try checking the power supply

thanx a lot for the help!

And no i only had these problems with backups, my originals work fine

I just though of a much simpler answer...try giving the laser of the Saturn a good clean. It may be a case of a dirty lens.

Also give the rails on which the lens moves back and forth a bit of lubrication. Might help some too.
smile.gif

Great thanx for the tips
biggrin.gif
, i'll try doing that

wow, it would be weird if my 2 saturns had the same problem

i mean one of my saturns is new, and had the problems since i got it.. hmm

but i'm still gonna clean them good
laugh.gif

Try give your Laser a slight powerboost. CDR Media often does not reflect the laser as good as originals, so powering up a bit may help too. There is an orange screw somewhere.

If you do try to increase the Saturn's laser power, read Radsil's CDRW guide.

Take great care to adjust the trimpot by only very small amounts. Several people have killed their Saturns trying this.

Do you even know what the heck your writing? As far as I can tell, its just a bunch of random characters you wrote. It doesn't even translate remotely to anything (let alone Jadded God). Unless its something you just added just to make yourself feel more "l33t". (Shrugs)

umm of course I didnt want it to mean anything in japanese... I had nothin to say in Kanji characters... just spelled my name in Kanji font... and I am not trying to be l33t... I am not an online gamer and down with all that stupid ish.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Apr 14, 2003 @ 03:20 PM

umm of course I didnt want it to mean anything in japanese... I had nothin to say in Kanji characters... just spelled my name in Kanji font... and I am not trying to be l33t... I am not an online gamer and down with all that stupid ish.

right on!

<_< And thats writing your name how?

Kana is read phoneticlly and Kanji is read visually. So that makes no sence. Even if you were writing in Kana, I doubt you can apply english phonetics like that.

Second of all, those are Chinese characters. The Japanese language steals Chinese characters to make its own psudo writing system. Which is why many Chinese people can read Japanese without any prior knowlege. And even assuming both Chinese and japanese standpoints that still makes no sence.

Cecilia, he's already said that it was never intended to make any sense and that he's not really that concerned about whether it's correct or not.

The only person that's making a big deal out of it is you.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Apr 13, 2003 @ 09:20 PM

I had nothin to say in Kanji characters... just spelled my name in Kanji font... and I am not trying to be l33t...

Alrighty... At least we can say he went out of his way to write meaningless garbage to try and not look l33t.

I am sorry if I have offended you in anyway I just made the sig for myself. I don't see the big problem with writing in characters.
blush.gif

Nevermind it. I was just asking if you knew what you were writing, and if you were doing it just to look l33t. So now that we know, case closed!
wink.gif

Cecilia,

If you look at it, it's his way of translating Roman alphabet letters into Chinese characters. Notice how the letters and characters line up? Therefore, if you were to translate English into Chinese using the Jaded God system, you would get the following:

add =
c9fa.gif
cad0.gif
cad0.gif

age =
c9fa.gif
cad0.gif
cad0.gif
bdec.gif
ccec.gif

dead =
cad0.gif
ccec.gif
c9fa.gif
cad0.gif

deed =
cad0.gif
ccec.gif
ccec.gif
cad0.gif

DJ =
cad0.gif
bed9.gif

do =
cad0.gif
d0d0.gif

dod =
cad0.gif
d0d0.gif
cad0.gif

dodge =
cad0.gif
d0d0.gif
cad0.gif
bdec.gif
ccec.gif

dog =
cad0.gif
d0d0.gif
bdec.gif

edge =
ccec.gif
cad0.gif
bdec.gif
ccec.gif

ego =
ccec.gif
bdec.gif
d0d0.gif

go =
bdec.gif
d0d0.gif

goo =
bdec.gif
d0d0.gif
d0d0.gif

good =
bdec.gif
d0d0.gif
d0d0.gif
cad0.gif

odd =
d0d0.gif
cad0.gif
cad0.gif

ode =
d0d0.gif
cad0.gif
ccec.gif

Yeah, he merely wrote his name using one of those cheesy Japanese/Chinese/Korean fonts that are actually normal fonts, but with random ideograms instead of roman characters (useless, since it's damn hard to write something in that way - unless you don't give a damn and just want pretty random kanji all over the place).

But that brings out a point: the ideograms makes no sense at all, since they ARE random (just remapped roman characters), so nobody can ever be able to read that, or making any sense of that, unless they get the font he used and memorize all of it's characters. MasterAkumaMatata could see his name, because it has the same amount of characters, and they line accordling.

Technically, yeah, thats more or less the fundamentals of trying to be l33t looking (writing stuff with different meaningless symbols just because it looks "cool"), whether he likes/admit it or not
tongue.gif

Back