Bad News.... or is it?

stack99

Established Member
At the gamestop I work at, we got an email this week with some bad news.

As of February 22nd, most (if not all) gamestops will no longer take in any Genesis, SNES, NES, and Dreamcast games or systems.

The good news will be around this time the game prices should drop to practically nothing. But it's bad news because there goes another source of Genny games and of course DC stuff as well.

Yeah, I noticed that at the GameStop closest to me they've moved all NES, SNES, Genesis, and DC games into the same section, in a metal rack type box thing.

I don't know about other ones, but the one I go to stopped taking those games for a while, there's not much left to salvage from when Feb. 22 rolls around. :(

eBay for now is ok. But once there are no distributors of these videogames, they can charge whatever the hell they want for shipping and the like. And that adds up quickly. In the meantime, I'm saving my money to buy as many genny games as possible.

Then after we pillage GameStop's supply of Genesis and DC games, we can sell them on eBay for inflated prices! Muwahahaa! :lol:

Originally posted by ratfish@Jan 25, 2004 @ 03:57 PM

Yeah, I noticed that at the GameStop closest to me they've moved all NES, SNES, Genesis, and DC games into the same section, in a metal rack type box thing.

I don't know about other ones, but the one I go to stopped taking those games for a while, there's not much left to salvage from when Feb. 22 rolls around. :(

yeah, they did that in one of the gamestop's by me too, I don't care much for Gamestop, they sometimes sell stuff like $5 above regular price. Funcoland was much better, it was my Saturn and Genesis stop. Funcoland was also where i purchased my Dreamcast, I still have the "Funcoland Dream Team card" and T-Shirt. Damn Gamestop for taking over.

Back