Bad Sega Saturn Video Output

I own a Japanese Sega Saturn model 1 and it was working just fine until recently I noticed the video on the screen is looking rather dark. The intro screen looks like the contrast is too low and looks very saturated plus the Sega logo blue color is not bright at all too. I have already connected the system to a current, modern, TV and it too does the same there as well. Most say it would be the S-Video cable but others also reclaim that switching cables doesn't do anything.

I'm also starting to notice every time I power on the Saturn it takes me not 1 but 5 times to power it on and get it running.

What's the deal?

Power supply? System board issue?

I will second that, likely some bad capacitors on the board that need replaced, a full recap would probably only be a few dollars in capacitors, and if some are going bad, others probably aren't far behind.

I actually replaced all my capacitors except the EMI filters and the problem with the Video output loosing brightness and color and eventually getting no signal still happens. I think that you should also replace the EMI filters especially if anyone has a PAL VA9 like me.

I will confirm later on if it fixed the issue

I actually replaced all my capacitors except the EMI filters and the problem with the Video output loosing brightness and color and eventually getting no signal still happens. I think that you should also replace the EMI filters especially if anyone has a PAL VA9 like me.

I will confirm later on if it fixed the issue
Interesting, I wouldn't think the EMI filters would go bad, but it couldn't hurt to replace them.

Back