beat mania

just a survey question... has anyone played it? do you like it? I'm trying to start a community of beat mania players... too bad they wasn't even ONE beat mania title for the Dreamcast and the Saturn... and one of the best konami titles for the Saturn (Dracula X) was not much of a better version than the PSX one because of slowdowns despite it "king-ness" in 2D...

but I still hold as a beat mania fan... :)

CLUB beat mania

and why doesn't konami release beat mania games on Sega systems? oh yeah there's DDR for the DC, but that's it??? You can't say it doesn't sell, because Konami/Bemani released so many beat mania games for the Sony systems! just go to GameFAQs and search for "beat mania" and see how many games there are for the PSX and PS2!!!

17 for the arcade... 10 for the PSX... 4 for the PS2... and 3 for the Game Boy Color???? how the heck do you play beat mania for the Game Boy???

Quote: from ViperA2001 on 9:50 pm on Oct. 2, 2001

how the heck do you play beat mania for the Game Boy???

Trust me, it's not easy.

EDIT: Minor Mistake

(Edited by FLEABttn at 5:43 pm on Oct. 3, 2001)

(Edited by FLEABttn at 5:44 pm on Oct. 3, 2001)

I played Beatmania. Can't say I'm any good at it, but its kinda cool. Still, not too into those types of games, like DDR and BM. Ah well, I'm a fighter, and a crappy one at that.

Quote: from ViperA2001 on 12:29 am on Oct. 4, 2001

hey fleabttn, do you play beat mania? or have you tried it before (if you aren't playing it...)?

Not very often. I play my Bemani pocket when it has batteries, I've played the Gameboy one (I don't own it. It's seriously stupid), I've never played the arcade one (never found one), and I don't have any PSX ones (my friend does, and the controller. I should go over to his house one of these days). I have DDR stuff though. 2 pads, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th mix, but I truly suck.

Edit: Forgot to say that I really play DDR like a whiteboy.

(Edited by FLEABttn at 6:08 pm on Oct. 4, 2001)

hey fleabttn... I'm telling you, the arcade version of beatmania is GREAT, and if on the PSX, the "DJ man" controller is great too! too bad I don't have PS2 so I can't play the beat mania II DX 3rd and 4th styles I bought... but anyway, they're there for collection :) I have beat mania 2nd mix, 5th mix, and The Sound of Tokyo... 5th MIX IS GREAT!!! it was my first beat mania on the PSX and it was the very one that pulled me into the genre... well, the first one was the emulator some time long ago, I didn't know what the game was so I deleted it... being a DJ simulation game, I got it even if nobody was buying it... :) the 5th mix has VERY good music, from digital hardcore -> gabbah -> rave -> club -> reggae -> jungle -> dance pop -> dancemania... etc...

Thanks. I think I'll borrow my friends stuff, and if it's really good (I doubt it will suck), I'll pick up the controller.

please help... now that I'm running out of hope with the series, I don't know where else to look... I can't seem to interest beat mania players into getting into a beat mania community... I can't find beat mania merchandise on the 'net... I can't even find pirated cd's of the games... no more arcade machines here in the Philippines... very few sites containing bm info on the 'net... sheesh... please help...

WHERE CAN I GET THIS STUFF!!! I WANT THIS AND KEYBOARDMANIA!! BUT I CAN'T FIND A DECENT SITE!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pweez?

On a different note, have any of the DDR fans played Pump It Up? Its a dance style game like DDR except the buttons are placed at angles and there is one in the center. I don't know about you guys, but I like it more then DDR.

Here is the website.

(Edited by Swanolust at 5:14 pm on Mar. 14, 2002)

Quote: from ViperA2001 on 10:50 pm on Oct. 2, 2001

and why doesn't konami release beat mania games on Sega systems? oh yeah there's DDR for the DC, but that's it??? You can't say it doesn't sell, because Konami/Bemani released so many beat mania games for the Sony systems! just go to GameFAQs and search for "beat mania" and see how many games there are for the PSX and PS2!!!

17 for the arcade... 10 for the PSX... 4 for the PS2... and 3 for the Game Boy Color???? how the heck do you play beat mania for the Game Boy???

konami released Pop'n Music for dc in japan. does that count?

Beatmania is a cool game.even though i think that Konami is just taking it too far with all the Drummania Guitarfreaks,Keyboard mania things.Pop and Music was #### cool too,kind of funny.

Back