Best DVD burners

im gettin bored with my current LG CD burner and am thinkin of buying a nice DVD burner...what are some of the best ones on the market? i heard lite-ons are good...?

external are not a problem as long as the price is not above $200 :smokin:

hey racketboy,what model is your DVD recorder? im browsing their website right now and theres a bunch...also,is it hard installing them? external usb burners sound better but they're pricier i guess (is it even worth it messing with externals? any disadvantages??)

I wouldn't mess with an external personally.

Internals are VERY easy to install.

Mine is the older 8X single-layer version. Can't remember the model #, but they probably don't sell it anymore.

Just go to Newegg.com and look for an NEC one with good ratings.

I currently own a pioneer A06, when I upgrade soon it will be to either the latest pioneer model or the latest NEC model. Hope that helps.

I have one 6month old LG dvd burner, very cool...

-DVD RAM

-DVD RW (+-?)

-DVD R+

-DVD R-

-CDR

-CDRW

The only problem is that it is pretty slow for CDR burning (24x only)...

Maybe i'm "has been" but i'm still impressed this burner does all the CD/DVD medium type availables :)

I keep a seperate cd burner in my pc that I use when burning cd's. It's a 40x sony. Bought it right when 40x burners came out, cost a ton of $$$ =|

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Sun, 2005-03-20 @ 10:39 PM

Plextor all the way

[post=131890]Quoted post[/post]​

After the major 716A problems i think Plextor has taken quite a reputation hit, the quality control supervisor was obviously on a permanent break when this drive was being manufactured.

Luckily the drive was delayed in Europe while they tried to sort out the problems but many people who bought the drive in the US at the start had major problems and plenty of RMAing of the drives happened.

hey all just wanted to do a lil braggin here...bought NEC 3520A with 100 pack of ridata ritek CD-R's and 45 pack of ritek ridata DVD+R and a 5 pack DVD+RW :D

just bought a dual-layer DVD burner.....69 bucks shipped. Got the LG GSA-4163BK it's the black one. Got rave reviews around the net.

Back