Best NES emulator..... - Which do you think is best?

FCE Ultra works best for me definately. Rocknes looks nice but crashes on my system for some reason. You should try it though to see it'll work on yours cos it's pretty pleasing on the eye.

Does Nester DC run at full speed? Have you encountered any problems with it at all?

Just wondering if it's a better option to a full-speed Windows emu. I'd prefer to use the DC pad over my USB Sidewinder which constantly ghosts..

Also, how do you get your NES roms onto the Nero image? Haven't used Nero or burned DC stuff too much so I'm kind of clueless.

(Edited by Myname at 1:06 pm on May 7, 2002)

NesterDC runs full speed, plays next to every game released for the NES, and if you want can be set to run FASTER then the original. You can also use game Genie cheats with it on the games. If you have a DC, then you realy ought to look into getting it.

With a Nero image, you need to create a ROMs disc using Nero....

I would personally use the new, easy to use tool to create a disc with BOTH ROMs and the emulator :)

Small Tutoral, easy to use:

1) Go to http://www.consolevision.com/ and scroll down until you see the newspost called "Selfboot Relased" (It's near the bottom today) Download the file and install...

2) Download and extract the Nester "Plain Binaries" from this page: http://www.consolevision.com/dreamcast/nesterdc.shtml
making sure it is in a new, fresh directory with no other files in

3) Run Selfboot from where you installed it, it should run and detect your CD Burner (If you want to)

4) From this point, if your CD burner configured correctly, you can burn it straight from the program (If you want to, more complex) or choose to burn with Nero/Discjuggler (Spits out a CD image for you to use)

5) Burn using the chosen program.... easy! :)

EDIT: Oh, and one thing not mentioned, it can also save battery-backed up RAM AND Save States :)

(Edited by Hollywood Hasney at 4:56 pm on May 7, 2002)

So sweet.. I can almost taste River City Ransom. Thanks for the info, that's really helpful. Hopefully my CD writer will be back up and running and I can have a go!

Back