best pc engine system i can buy?

well...there are to many models based on the pc engine.

so any experience with them

DUO, DUO-R. DUO-RX, PC engine + cdrom unit with the IFO-30(interface unit)

which of this system is the more "well made" take in my mind im not only play original games, i wanna play some backups (oh men i just can pay that much for a sapphire)

by the way i been thinking into get the very first model but i dont know, yhat model play backups?

the best for play backups?

All of the Duo units are basically the same thing, not the sturdiest systems in the world but they'll hold up if you get one in good condition. The PCE CD-ROM unit is supposedly a bit better build quality, but it looks hella goofy IMO.

For playing burned copies, none of the above are the easiest to get working, but the most important factor is probably the media you use. Get some good quality CD-Rs and you'll have much better luck.

I totally disagree. I've had Duo units that I bought brand new, with not even 20 hours on them, and they quit working. The Duo is a cheaply made system, and pretty unreliable. The Duo-R is somewhat better, but still a Duo. My original TG16CD player, that I've had since 1990 still works perfect. It plays any and all CDR discs fine. The trick to getting setup with the original unit, is getting the 3.0 card, which you will need, but its worth it if you can.

Originally posted by NFERNO@Sun, 2005-08-21 @ 05:33 PM

I totally disagree. I've had Duo units that I bought brand new, with not even 20 hours on them, and they quit working. The Duo is a cheaply made system, and pretty unreliable. The Duo-R is somewhat better, but still a Duo. My original TG16CD player, that I've had since 1990 still works perfect. It plays any and all CDR discs fine. The trick to getting setup with the original unit, is getting the 3.0 card, which you will need, but its worth it if you can.

[post=138521]Quoted post[/post]​

I've found that the Super CD-ROM 2 unit is quite good. It runs Art of Fighting 40% of the time, which otherwise hangs during loading betwen battles on a TG16-CD and PCE+IFU-30 tray. (my stats only, other people may have more luck)

I guess that's about the newest type of CD drive you can get before the Duo's. Plus it has that cool and totally useless expansion port. ;)

I have owned all versions of the Duo system (japanese and American) and I can say from experience all of them SUCK equally! Just plain badly made, and they seem to (fart) from time to time, meaning youll be loading a CD game (and loading and loading and loading and wait a minute its stuck!) LOL! You tap hard on the CD tray and viola it starts loading again. With Arcade card games sometimes It can load forever and just start over and over and over again, its a nightmare!

If you want to truely experience the DUO and its awesome games you must get a LaserActive unit, plus a PC Engine PAC plus an Arcade Card to keeep inside the PAC!

It will load ALL games with greatest of ease and NO FARTING!

You would not believe how much better loading times are because of its better reading accuracy! It also has Built in Composite video so you dont need that wierd cable that comes with the DUOs. Optical Digital sound output to hear the CD music without converting it to a analogue signal, ability to even play the LaserDisc games that were made for it which no other system can do. etc.. the list goes on and on.

Get a LaserActive and Japanese PC Engine PAC plus Arcade Card and you are all set for the best Duo games ever! get a Sega CD attatchment and you now also own the BEST sega CD ever made!, get a Game Genie for Sega Genesis and a Master System converter and youalso have the BEST MasterSystem ever made! more than 3 consoles in one! plus it plays LD movies, so if you want true DTS sound in your movies (not compressed like a DVD DTS) then you also can do that as well as DTS LDs sound MUCH better than any DVD you will ever hear!

Back