Best portable mp3 player

Originally posted by mal+Apr 16, 2003 @ 03:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Apr 16, 2003 @ 03:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Apr 15, 2003 @ 07:31 AM

get a used 10GB iPod somewhere.

:agree

It sounds like you want all the features of an iPod, but just can't afford a new one. [/b][/quote]

well most places are out of 10GB models.

Apple is phasing them out

Ok you guys need an answer quick. Five gig mac model on ebay buy it now for 250. I have a pc but i hear it's easy (but time consuming) to make it work on a pc. IS it possible, is it worth it, and what are my chances of fucking it up beyond unfuckable?

I don't think it's hard at all.

Just a matter of formatting -- which can be redone (I think)

there are plenty of tutorials

or you can get some software to treat it just like a PC drive

$250 isn't THAT great of a price.

If you wait for a good deal, you might be able to get one for $175

Well it's the best price I've found so far for a five gig. Oh and also are the five gig models like made differently? I hear the wheel isn't as well made and it's just a slightly different style.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Apr 16, 2003 @ 08:47 PM

Well it's the best price I've found so far for a five gig. Oh and also are the five gig models like made differently? I hear the wheel isn't as well made and it's just a slightly different style.

oh yeah I forgot about that

Man god damnit more questions. Ok I see the earbuds advertised a lot, the ipod doesn't come with those? Also is the wheel like non-moving on 10 and 20 gigs and more like a scroll wheel on the 5 gigs? What else is different?

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Apr 16, 2003 @ 09:57 PM

Man god damnit more questions. Ok I see the earbuds advertised a lot, the ipod doesn't come with those? Also is the wheel like non-moving on 10 and 20 gigs and more like a scroll wheel on the 5 gigs? What else is different?

I'm pretty sure the ipod comes with earbuds, but some people might want different ones

Here's some info:

http://www.apple.com.au/ipod/specs.html

I PM'd you the other info you wanted

From the sounds of the Apple site (footnote on link I mentioned) all 5GB have the moving dial instead of the touchpad dial.

Don't think it's THAT big of a deal though.

God this is gay even the new models dont come with the extras. You know i bet they could sell tons more that way if they did

and also, I dont think the dock is as big a drawback as the case or remote. I mean what kind of retard cant find a cable sticking out of the back of his computer? Heh, that sounds like material for one of those "has this ever happened to you" type of commercials where a guy is trying to shove a pizza in his toaster.

So what the heck did you end up getting?

I've been looking at the Nomad Zen -- 60 GB !!!!

But I am not looking at it as a portable. I am happy with my irock because it is tough and disposable if lost. I want a hard drive based player for my stereo. I'd like to have all of my music available in my living room and portable to other rooms without booting up a computer. I'd really love to find one with a remote!

So, can anyone comment on the 60GB zen? Is it over kill? I only have about 6 CDs full of MP3s right now. And the new ipod looks pretty sexy. Should I just get a cheap 20 GB jukebox and wait for technology to continue improvements?

I just picked up an RCA Lyra Jukebox 40gb. It's almost as small as an ipod but it's smaller then any other portable mp3 player around I know other then the ipod. Plays mp3, mp3pro, and wmv's and it's about $300 so it's alot cheaper then the 40gb ipod. Uses usb2.

I ended up buying a 10 gig model 2 style Ipod and I got the dock for my birthday. The dock kicks some heavy ass. I'm really happy with my Ipod there is nothing more I could ask for.

Psh that toshiba thing doesn't seem to be too much better than the Ipod and the price tag wont justify it's smaller design I bet.

Yeah I'm just trying to defend a product I paid for... shut up.

Back