Best Puzzle Games?

racketboy

Established Member
Just wanted to hear what everybody's top pick for this oft-overlooked genre is.

I've been playing a lot of Super Puzzle Fighter 2X for the DC with my wife.

This weekend we just got around to trying the "Y" and "Z" modes. They are almost like 2 more unique games. If you can find this games, I would very much recommend it.

The regular version is also on the Saturn and GBA.

Any other favorites?

Puzzle Fighter for the gba, ps1, saturn, (never tried dcast).

Dr. Mario for either gb or nes.

Those 2 will keep me happy for many years to come.

I havent played it in awhile, but I remember having tons of fun with my Baku Baku for the saturn.

Originally posted by dibz@Nov 3, 2003 @ 10:35 PM

I havent played it in awhile, but I remember having tons of fun with my Baku Baku for the saturn.

yeah that's a good one that not a lot of people know about.

Another worth mentioning are the bust a move/puzzle bobble series

Oh and the magical drop series 🙂

Chu Chu Rocket is pretty sweet. But as far as favorites go, I'm going to have to go with good 'ol GB Tetris or Puzzle Bobble 2.

Woo! Puzzle are always fun! Here's my favs:

Tetris (NES)

Adventures of Lolo (NES)

Dr. Mario (NES)

Kuru Kuru Kururin (GBA)

Magical Drop II (NeoGeo)

Magical Drop III (NeoGeo)

Bust-a-Move II (Any)

Puyo Puyo (or Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine)

Digger (DOS)

Super Morph (SNES)

Baku Baku Animal (Saturn)

Hanagumi Taisen Columns (Saturn)

Oddworld: Abes Oddysee (PSX)

Oddworld: Abes Exodus (PSX)

Not really. But since the game isn't based around kung-ho fighting such as in an action game and is not really explore/ look closely for clues such as an adventure - it has mostly puzzle elements which tend to involve action elements. An example of this would be thinking about how the hell you are going to get past a screen (the game doesn't side-scroll) which an enemy or two on it. Perhaps you have a scrab on the screen and you try to think about the best way to get past him. If you think about the fact that the game is screen-by-screen and on each screen there is a 'certain way' to pass it correctly (without dying), then it is quite easy (yes?) to understand why some call it a puzzle. 🙂

Puzzle Bobble and Magical Drop games are great, so is Super Puzzle Fighter 2X, still there is one great great puzzle game that I doubt any of you tried, it's called Money Idol Exchanger, was originally released for MVS/Neo-Geo hardware by the company FACE, and then ported to the Sony PlayStation, published by Athena.

Attachments

• slps00963.jpg
    slps00963.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 77
  • slps00963.jpg
    slps00963.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 81
You could try Zoo Cubed if you have a Gamecube. It was only $4.99 at my eb games. Its alright, nothing really fancy, kinda gets boring though, no stragedy really involved.

Originally posted by racketboy@Nov 3, 2003 @ 11:24 PM

I've heard of Money Idol Exchanger, but never given it a try.

I'll have to check it out sometime

Good good.

It's pretty hard, but very very entertaining and addictive, the game design is overall great, the music is very nice and the characters are beautiful!

I think you guys are forgetting the greatest presentation puzzle game:

Puyo Puyo 2 for Genesis!

Also, I have to support Baku Baku Animal for saturn.

I'm not much into puzzle games, but I spent a lot of time (and money) on Money Idol Exchanger ...

I've played a puzzle game called Dancing Eyes, has anyone else played it? 😀

Attachments

• ZNOGL003_copy.jpg
    ZNOGL003_copy.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 66
  • ZNOGL003_copy.jpg
    ZNOGL003_copy.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 68
Back