Best Puzzle Games?

I have now :) Good to see someone else keeping up to date with things ;) Never seen a 3D 'painter' puzzle before. Similar to the likes of good 'ol "Qix" - except in 3D, of course. Much fun :smokin:

Originally posted by Runik@Nov 4, 2003 @ 02:55 AM

I'm not much into puzzle games, but I spent a lot of time (and money) on Money Idol Exchanger ...

That means you like it? ^^

Other puzzle game to be considered is Gals Panic S2 ^^;;;

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Nov 4, 2003 @ 08:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Nov 4, 2003 @ 08:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Runik@Nov 4, 2003 @ 02:55 AM

I'm not much into puzzle games, but I spent a lot of time (and money) on Money Idol Exchanger ...

That means you like it? ^^

[/b]

Exactly :)

And I think it's a shame that so few people know about it ...

<!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW
@Nov 4, 2003 @ 08:58 PM

Other puzzle game to be considered is Gals Panic S2 ^^;;;[/quote]

Isn't it a game with some kind of ... nude girls ? :cool:

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Nov 4, 2003 @ 06:17 AM

I have now :) Good to see someone else keeping up to date with things ;) Never seen a 3D 'painter' puzzle before. Similar to the likes of good 'ol "Qix" - except in 3D, of course. Much fun :smokin:

Wait panter games like where you gotta avoid the obsticles while drawing around an area to reveal the image?

If so, then one of those in 3d would be awsome... um interesting.

NEED 3D NUDE PAINTER PUZZLE!

I prefer Gals' Panic 4 myself. But those games aren't really puzzlers, as there is pretty much only one solution and they are all action-oriented anyway. Not to mention that, due to the nature of the games, they eat credits like there is no tomorrow. I can handle the first couple of levels on the later Gals' Panic games, but the first game is ridiculously difficult. And by the time you get to the last couple levels, forget about the game being at all fair or fun.

Yea, me and a bunch of my friends can't get over how great Super Puzzle Fighter 2X is for Saturn. Its become my most played saturn game, lol. Other than that, columns is good on the go for gamegear...but I got Super Puzzle fighter for GBA and thats a bit easier to lug around. And Chu Chu rocket...thats another great dc classic.....I also have that for GBA :)

---Ammut

Originally posted by DeVante@Nov 4, 2003 @ 09:08 PM

Uh, am I the only one who remembers Mr. Driller for Sega Dreamcast and Sony Playstation?

Oh shit! i totally forgot mr. driller. That game was fun as hell! A defenite pick up.

oh yeah, Mr Driller :)

and has anyone not been overwhelmed by the complexity of multiplayer Chu Chu Rocket? Plus its hard to explain to your friends who have never played it before :(

Originally posted by racketboy@Nov 4, 2003 @ 09:51 PM

oh yeah, Mr Driller :)

and has anyone not been overwhelmed by the complexity of multiplayer Chu Chu Rocket? Plus its hard to explain to your friends who have never played it before :(

I hate when i have multiple friends over and we play a new game i bought. They all will say its gay. But its only because none of them know how to play it. Nobody liked phantasy star online when i played with 3 friends, they all complaigned that it was stupid and a dumb idea for a game. But when i played with them by them selves, they all loved it. Gets on my nerves. But Anywho, back on topic. I liked chuchu rocket a lot. i made this insanley hard puzzle that was actually really good. I was proud of myself that day. But only one friend (who had the game) appreciates it.

Originally posted by racketboy@Nov 4, 2003 @ 09:51 PM

Multiplayer ChuChu Rocket was designed to drive people insane.

Originally posted by racketboy+Nov 4, 2003 @ 03:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Nov 4, 2003 @ 03:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>and has anyone not been overwhelmed by the complexity of multiplayer Chu Chu Rocket? Plus its hard to explain to your friends who have never played it before :([/b]

Yea, the multiplayer is so quick paced that it has a high learning curve... not good for new players at all. not to mention the frusteration factor, even if you are good...

Originally posted by Shitface@Nov 4, 2003 @ 04:03 AM

I hate when i have multiple friends over and we play a new game i bought. They all will say its gay. But its only because none of them know how to play it. Nobody liked phantasy star online when i played with 3 friends, they all complaigned that it was stupid and a dumb idea for a game. But when i played with them by them selves, they all loved it. Gets on my nerves. But Anywho, back on topic. I liked chuchu rocket a lot. i made this insanley hard puzzle that was actually really good. I was proud of myself that day. But only one friend (who had the game) appreciates it.

People are always skeptical when playing a new game, but its easy for them to get aquanted and go at the right pace if only its them playing. Otherwise they can get frusterated trying to keep up. Normally I have people play puzzle fighter on an easy mode until they get the hang of it (even get cocky and call it too simple) and then I own them in multiplayer.

Chu chu rocket on GBA has TONS of user made puzzles. They compiled them from what Dreamcast users sent in when the chuchu rocket servers were still up... You should've sent yours in. The inclusion of the usermade puzzles adds a lot to the length, I haven't even gotten half done passing all of them.I've also made a few puzzles on gba that took my friends a damn long time...its good stuff.

<!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW
@Nov 4, 2003 @ 04:11 AM

Multiplayer ChuChu Rocket was designed to drive people insane.[/quote]

I hardly ever play the multiplayer mode on my gba... mainly the puzzles.... The urge to throw the system increases exponentially as I play that mode :lol:

---Ammut

Maybe I should give the GBA version a try.

The replay value for single player Chu Chu seemed small.

Once I beat it, I knew all the puzzles the next time around.

Although I haven't played it in a while, maybe I forgot them all :)

ive not played 99.9% of the games mentioned here but i might as well add my $0.02.

Adventures of Lolo 3 [NES]

Flipful [NES]

and countless other games with some puzzle elements (Tomb Raider comes to mind, as does Final Fantasy 1-6)

:blah

Light Crusader for Genesis/MD had some decent puzzles. a few of them had me scratching my head for a while.

Ah Light Crusader. I've been playing a bit of that lately. I like the game quite a bit, but some of those puzzles are very aggravating.. not because of their difficulty, but because it's so difficult to move things exactly the right distance. I just wish the game had used a grid-based system.

Back