Best way to bypass region code?

First off, let me say hello to everyone here. I've read, and gotten lots of good info from this site, but have only just now joined up.

I just modded my Saturn yesterday, after wanting to for almost 3 years. I had never modded anything before, but it took me all of about 5 minutes to do, and it works great. Now I'm just wondering the best way to play my jap games on it. Theres files here to change the region code on the disc itself, but I couldn't find any faq's or a walkthrough on how its done. I've also seen someone mention installing a switch of some sort. Can anyone tell me where I can find information on doing either one of those? If a cart is the best way, then say so, cause I can pick one up somewhere I'm sure.

Thanks for reading.

Hi NFERNO. I bought an Action Replay 4M Plus from ncsx.com about a year and a half ago and it still works perfectly. I think it'll only run you about $30.

If your already burning stuff, rip your foreign games into iso, convert with satconv, and patch the region code. Satconv is a utility that lets you convert the region code of isos. Look for it in the miscellaneous section.

If you can afford it, I'd go with the cart. That way you don't have to remember to change the country code of any isos or rip and reburn your import originals.

Switches would be cheaper, but the process is much more complicated than it really needs to be IMHO.

If you go with the cart you can't use your cart slot for saving stuff or expansion ram for games like x-men vs streetfighter....

Thanks for the replies. The cart is probably my best option. I did see the Satconv files in the miscellaneous section, but again, I saw no turorial on how to use it.

Ok, I should have asked this before. Which file do I need? I'm running an HP with windows '98, and various copy programs.

No, it's not free.

He would have to reburn any Japanese games that he already has.
tongue.gif

Saving directly to a cart isn't that important... most of the time.

Back