Best wepage making software.....

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
I am thinking of starting making sum websites, I just need to know a good program to start w/. I am looking for one of the best, money is not a problem if u know what I mean. So any suggestions?

I tried everything under the sun - well, except for Frontpage which I automatically shun.

For a while it was Notepad and some HTML skills... and now? Surprise - I find Mozilla's built-in Composer to be very capable and simple to use.

I know about as much HTML code as your grandma, which isn't much. SOOOOOO, notepad and shit won't work well for me.... Gunna try out ice's suggestion, any other ppl have more suggestions or sumthing good/bad to say about what is currently up?

hmmm, Ice, your link doesn't work. I typed it into google and it says it's a valid site, might just be down. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks though.

1) Just learn how to do it. It's simple and you can get some personal satisfaction out of it. Use a program like Arachnophilia, which is an excellent text editor of sorts. It also includes various wizards for commands you don't know or don't remember.

2) If you're lazy, just use Dreamweaver. DW is the shit when it comes ot visual editors. No contest.

For me, I just used SimpleText (the Mac version of NotePad I guess). Just make sure you do all .shtml files so you can do this tag:

Code:

You have no idea how many HOURS of work that has saved me and erise (my co-webmaster) at MacEmu.

The best webpage editing software is ViM (Vi iMproved).

There are versions of it available for nearly every system and it's a free, open source download.

Back