Black DC cases?

racketboy

Established Member
Has anybody seen and/or know where to get a black replacement case for the Dreamcast? I don't mean the translucent black cases -- I want solid black like the Sega Sports model only without the Sega Sports logo.

How about a solid silver one?

Links to either would be appreciated.

How easy is it to change the case on a DC?

Yeah, ppl should make templets. That would be great, turn my Saturn into a Panzer Dragoon Saturn, hehe. Anyone up for this? First u can make a blank templet that can be edited in photoshop or sumthin, I am 110% sure SX would be VERY glad to host it. From their ppl can take that, edit their own design on it, then put it back up on the site. Make the templets so u can cut-out the different sections for painting, so ppl can paint their systems instead of just stickin sum POS sticker thing on it.

I think all the replacement cases were indeed clear, which is quite annoying. To end your dismay, however, I do believe a saw a 'customized dreamcast cover kit' (probably not the name, but you get the point) in one of my official dreamcast magazines. The people at ODCM made theirs really cool, you spraypaint it/design it yourself, kind of a cool concept. Maybe try searching the web for that....or if not, you could pursuade me to look for the mag and tell you all the info, Im just not exactly sure where it is at the moment. Hope this helps.

---Ammut

Well, I'm interested in doing this. I want to paint my DC a funky color and change the LED color as well. It'll look cool playing it in the dark.

I recently changed the colour of my dreamcast to solid black (kinda shiny too), just by spray painting it, it's alot easier than it seems. Also I cut a triangle out of the lid, tis looks well cool now. My plans now are to put LEDs in the disc drive (anyone know how?), plastic see- though thing where I cut the hole and finally to spray paint my Sega saturn white (i've always wanted a jap sega saturn, but because of costs this is the closest I'm going to get).
cool.gif

i believe SEGA actually made replacement cases that were solid colors, but why worry. just paint it yourself like thewasp said. that's what i did.

Originally posted by Dyne@May 4, 2003 @ 03:34 PM

i believe SEGA actually made replacement cases that were solid colors, but why worry. just paint it yourself like thewasp said. that's what i did.

has the paint held up very well?

i just used regular spraypaint (for plastic) and besides the spots where i hit it with something or had it in the closet it's held up. i would probably recommend a clear finish coat to protect it myself but im too lazy
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by snume@Oct 22, 2002 @ 11:24 AM

Well, I'm interested in doing this. I want to paint my DC a funky color and change the LED color as well. It'll look cool playing it in the dark.

when your playing fucking video games try watching the tv not looking at ur god damn console

Remember Jurai! We all love you!
blush.gif
*hugs Jurai*

BTW everybody, I think I've seen a commercial on TV for a 'new' spray paint made just for rubber and plastics.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@May 5, 2003 @ 04:18 PM

Remember Jurai! We all love you!
blush.gif
*hugs Jurai*

BTW everybody, I think I've seen a commercial on TV for a 'new' spray paint made just for rubber and plastics.

nope haven't seen that

as for Jurai -- there are times that I *don't* play my console, so i like to have my entertainment center match.

just remember, not everbody is like you

Originally posted by Dyne@May 4, 2003 @ 03:34 PM

i believe SEGA actually made replacement cases that were solid colors,

........well of course they did!...my friend had one (a DC) with a red VMU and a blue pad........did not look as good as mine.....all white!
cool.gif

No, as far as mainstream stores your out of luck. But for "other" stores, you can get them in almost any color. Like cell phones.

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 5, 2003 @ 08:23 PM

No, as far as mainstream stores your out of luck. But for "other" stores, you can get them in almost any color. Like cell phones.

but not transparent?

if so, could you pass along some links?

Back