Building a RF unit for Saturn ...

Hi!

Does anyone if its possible to build a RF unit for a Saturn?? ... I discovered that my old tv works with 60 hz games & ntsc games (It´s an old PAL tv, without scart & audio+video, only rf input) so, it could be made?? I have tried to buy one, but I can´t find any ...

I´ve been thinking to modify a RF unit from my old Mega Drive I (a friend can give me his MD 2 RF unit) .. so could it be done???

It should be possible to find a general-purpose RF modulator that has A/V RCA jacks and RF output. I saw one of these things at a local Radio Shack a while back for $40 or so; a little steep but if you want to use other stuff with that TV it might be worth it (assuming that it's not difficult to find A/V output cables wherever you are).

megametalgreymon: PAL is used all over the place, not just in Europe; its usage area is easier to define by which countries/regions *don't* use it than by which ones do :).

Thx for the info!

Gear, I know RF sucks, and RGB looks better, but I have 2 TVs, the old & the new one, the old one only has a RF input, the new one has 2 RGB inputs, S-Video, A/V ... you know ... but I can´t use the new TV always, why? Because there is always at home using it ... so I just discovered 2 days ago that my old tv worked fine at 60 hz & without any problem with ntsc-u & ntsc-j games (thanks Dreamcast!!!)

Well, it looks like I have 2 ways ... 1 - Buy one of those RF modulator or 2 - Modify my MD RF unit (cutting the male connector, the one that is plugged into the MD, to one that fit into the Saturn) ...

Ok, thank you again for the useful info!!

---

Ooops!! I forgot something ... Gear, you weren´t wrong at all, I read some time ago that "normal" pc monitors don´t work with consoles (unless DC), but there were some monitors, from old computers, that could work, I think that it will work with an amiga monitor, i´m not sure, so if anyone know whta type of monitor will work ...

amiga monitors should work fine, via RGB. amiga montors use the same frequencies as a TV.

Back