Burn Problem

Okay, I'm having some trouble with my burned disc when run on my saturn. You see, when I put in the disc in, it makes one big scan and doesn't slow down for the protection check. Am I just not that used to it yet? When I put in an authentic disc, I hear it slowing down for the protection check, but just not for the burned one? Am I Missing something?

Don't listen for the sound of the slow down, listed for the sound of the laser assembly moving to the outer edge - it should sound like a scraping sound that lasts about a second.

yup, in some games saturn doesn't do retries when "reading" the protection ring...

It may also be caused by a bad rip... if you can't solve it, try inserting an audio-cd and check how saturn handles it, if it is similar to that game's boot up, then it is a bad burn...

Note: The difference between an audio-cd and a saturn cd, is that the laser doesn't even moves to the ring location..

But I take it out to see if its moving but it never moves?

Note: The difference between an audio-cd and a saturn cd, is that the laser doesn't even moves to the ring location..

With a burned disk it never move to the ring.

Like the music disk.

Does it do that?

With a burned game IT moves to the ring, the thing is that the can't find the ring... (unless you have a modboard)

With Audio-cds, the lens doesn't go to the ring region...

Back